jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does a daily reader count go from 40 to 50 readers a day to a suddne drop to

1. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

How does a daily reader count go from 40 to 50 readers a day to a suddne drop to zero readers a day?

For the past week, my reader count has been less than 3 readers a day visiting my hub.  I went from 40 to 60 visits a day for months to a sudden 1 to 3 visits per day.  It is like some one flipped a switch and turned off the lights.

2. Cobrafan profile image79
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

For all hubs or one specific one? If it's from just one, the hub may have lost it's ranking on Google and less people are finding it.

3. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

All of my hiub traffic has come to a screeching halt since last Saturday.  It is really uncanny.

4. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

Basing it on my experience, this usually happens when your articles are buried down the search engine due to some penalties (with the recent Panda-Penguin update).

It happens when you overly promote in link building sites (possessing the same title and post summary).

You may try to analyze your traffic sources. If the 40 to 60 visits comprises of hubpages view, it usually happens because there will be a sharp increase during the first few days upon publishing the hub due to Hub Hopping of fellow hubs.

But if it's more from the search engine, then probably, the one I said earlier could explain the phenomenon.

working