How many of you are earning $2 or more daily on HP and how you did it

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (43 posts)
  1. younghopes profile image68
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

I have just been wondering how many of my fellow hubbers have been earning more than $2 on a daily basis on HP. I know it is tough but i just wanted to make atleast $100 on a monthly basis on HP which is a far dream for me. I have just 47 hubs till now and so it appears almost impossible, What should be the strategy to achieve this target. Any help would be much welcomed from my fellow friends

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nobody is going to tell you what they earn as doing so violates the tos.  What they will tell you is that it takes many people years to earn that much, and many never do.

1. bgpappa profile image78
        bgpappaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Without saying anything specific, there was a time where I made more than that daily goal. Those days are long gone.

2. robhampton profile image94
        robhamptonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why would that violate anything? strange. Ok, since I don't want to get in trouble, I will only say that I make between $7.00 and $10.00 per day through the ad and ebay program with just 34 hubs. My hubs are very seasonal though as they are about swimming pools.. I really believe the secret is "How to" type of articles. People want to save money so pools is a great niche for me to write about. Also a lot of SEO techniques. Use Google analytics and find out what people are searching for. My payout on the 28th this month will be between $159.00 and $161.00 lol. traffic is skyrocketing this month so I expect my payout to be double that amount next month.

younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

that's so good to know and in fact encouraging too. Yours is definitely such a niche topic that most of us would not dare touch to write upon, that is surely one of the best aspects. What's the basic way you have been using SEO for your hubs? I have success with pinterest but not with FB or Twitter. Good luck for the next month too.

1. robhampton profile image94
            robhamptonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't use really any social networking to promote. I have ignored the "title tuner" for years, but have recently found the power of using it. If I type "my pool is green" or many other combinations of green pool related searches, I am number one on Google., Not just first page, but first spot. The titles on some of my hubs might seem weird, but it is all about search engine optimization and it works! Although I try hard not to make the titles sound garbled, I try to add as many words as what people search for. Try searching  for "set pool timer" or "high stabilizer in pool" .. I have mastered the SEO technique to bring me well over Wikihow, yahoo answers, and most major pool websites. I am proud of this. Also even though Google crawls the sights, always submit your URL to Google. Write something that will save people money. 5000 people a day are not searching for Kim Kardashian, or what is the latest outfit that Lady Gaga is wearing. There is a guy on here on HP that writes about electrical things..How to hang a ceiling fan, or how to wire a 3-way switch, install a GFI receptacle. I guarantee this guy is getting a payout each month, and his hubs are not seasonal. I worked as an electrician for awhile and all I can say is this dude has an even better niche than I do! My payouts will cease around sept-oct., then I will need to wait until next summer to pick back up again. My advice is to use the title tuner

its such a delight to read how you have mastered SEO and are on page 1 now, that's really what hard work is all about. Learning a lot from your replies, surely i would have to narrow down the niche so that my hubs can be searched well on google. You are right, the guy who is writing about electrical things must be earning a payout every month because not all of us can write about these things, and same is the case with your niche too. Hats off to you for your devotion

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

robhampton, I agree. I've never read that you can't share how much you earn. Even Simone shared her earnings.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Adsense and eBay have rules about revealing details of your earnings, such as earnings per click.  Mentioning how much you've earned in a month, without any breakdown, doesn't break any rules.

2. precy anza profile image93
      precy anzaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Found your question interesting as I am curious as well smile I haven't even reach the $2/day. What I'm aiming now is $1/day. And the other day I almost got it.

What I can share is try and experiment with your hub topic. I love hubbing about legends but I also write about other topics such as repurposing materials and few about anime series and animated movies. And guess what hub has the most traffic and is continuously driving me traffic? ~ One hub about animated movies which is also my highest earning hub.

Thanks Precy, for replying to this post. you are right experimenting with the hubs is necessary, and we are pretty unsure as to which hub can be our 'money spinner' as u already explained your case. Not all of my hubs get traffic, it is only a few which are driving traffic, perhaps that's why i am not earning a good amount

3. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I earn over the $2 a day, but prefer not to say exactly what I earn. The last time I did that a writer started following me and then she copied what I was writing about.

It is doable. You just need to keep writing hubs and discover what does get good traffic. Then stick to that niche. You can write about different things, but you will also discover what doesn't do well.

I agree, sometimes people start copying you if you tell the exact amount, it is really bad since instead of working hard on your own, you are just copying someone' else's hard work. As you said it already, i have written hubs on different subjects, but now got to know which are performing the best one, so perhaps now i am thinking to stick to writing those only. thanks again for the reply

4. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've been earning at least that since I was a couple of months in.

My approach for Hubpages has been:

- get a list of potential niches (topics you're interested in), research potential traffic and the competition

- based on that pick 4 or 5 different niches, write 6-10 hubs in each one and see which perform best over 6-12 months

- Write the very best pages that you can. I used the flagship hub format as much as possible - think stellar hubs. Essentially the info you provide in your hubs has to be better than that of your competition. It needs to be clearer and easier to digest. Format needs to be easy on the eye, easy to scan and flow well.

- look for high volume, low competition keyphrases in any niche

- try and understand who is coming to your hubs from search, what they want and gear your writing and layout towards them (e.g. teens girls, women in the 18-30 age range from India, young tech geeks, school children in the US, men over 50 who haven't a clue what to buy their wife for their birthday etc.)

- keep improving your hubs

- try different things with the hub layout depending on what you want your visitor to do and monitor outcomes.

- get 1 or 2 good quality links to each hub in the first few months (and I really do mean 1 or 2)

- if a hub is not working after 9 months, redo the keyword research/competitor research and edit

- keep an eye on what keywords your pages rank for and where (this way when changes occur you'll have a much better idea of what's happened)

- learn how to use google analytics to get useful information that you can act on

- keep up to date with the latest Google changes

EDIT: Forgot something important....

>>> Goal setting <<<

Small incremental goals will keep you motivated.

Oh thank you  so much Susana for this detailed answer, i would surely look upto these tips, they are definitely valuable

1. Susana S profile image94

You're welcome smile

I'm pretty sure you'll get there in the end as you do ask a lot of questions (which is a good thing) and seem very focused on your goals.

Thanks Susana, yeah i do ask a lot of questions (even my friends say so) lolzz., i hope i am able to achieve the goals i have set which at this moment looks quite tough

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great post... definitely agree about testing too. No matter how great a keyword looks, it can still end up dead in the water if you overestimate what the searcher wants.

Yep, search intent is soooo important and it's very easy to make errors of judgement that make or break a page. I've made all different kinds of mistakes with that, but fortunately I do usually work it out in the end.

I was trying to work out what you meant by over-estimation? Is this the kind of thing....?

For instance we can write something at Phd level when the majority of searchers for that phrase are school children. That will result in a massive mismatch - a page that while high quality, is not at all satisfying to the main type of searcher. I'm thinking about the kind of homework my 8 year old often gets, like find out 10 facts about the Romans or what are the names of 6 different types of sharks. If the page is not geared towards her reading and comprehension level then it's going to get an immediate back click and consequently sink down in the SERP's.

1. WryLilt profile image88

Yes exactly that. Or say, a sales hub titled "Where do I find Vegemite?", covered in Amazon capsules of vegemite jars... When there's a game with a character called Vegemite who plays hide and seek and people want cheat lists.

Bad example (and completely made up) but this is a reason checking out the actual SERPs competition is also very important I guess, making sure what you think the search phrase means, is what it ACTUALLY means.

LOLed at your example, but it explains the issue well. Never assume!

Checking the SERP's IS a good way to make sure we've understood what the search term means to the majority of searchers (and also to the variety of searchers if there are different types of pages listed). If there are search ads that can really help too.

Exactly smile

WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I make several times that usually.

that's great WryLilt, congrats.

3. elechifrank profile image62
    elechifrankposted 10 years ago

@WryLilt ....That's Great!

4. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 10 years ago

I'm over the $2/day mark most days. However, I earn less than WryLilt even though I have more hubs, proving that it varies by skill and topic. smile

My personal rule of thumb is 2 articles a week = progress. You can't write too much, though, because you have to make sure that what you write is actually useful and interesting to your readers. So figure out what's a comfortable working pace for you. It's like putting out more and more fishing hooks. Over time, you'll get more readers, assuming you've given them something tasty to eat, er, read.

I follow a pretty simple formula.

http://greekgeek.mythphile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/what-gets-traffic.jpg

And then I try to find one new thing to write about every week.

This sounds deceptively simple, but people use Google to search for nouns -- person, places, things, events, phenomena -- so write about things that fascinate you. Your in-depth knowledge and interest in the topic means it's more likely that you'll have something worth saying -- and worth reading! -- about it.

Thanks Greekgeek for the reply, perhaps focusing more on keywords will help to get traffic from google.

I hit it lucky. Accidentally, first. wink

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

Earning $2 per day means having around 400 page views per day. That will be hard for less than 50 hubs. I have 111 hubs and still earning 0.20 cents per day. Can you imagine that! Not that easy unless your article hits the google search engine.

Thanks Peachpurple, i know earning with less than 50 hubs that much is impossible, but that's why i just wanted to have a view as to how many hubs will help me in achieving that goal with the fact 'they are searched by google' and like by people.

It's not impossible, just less likely. I think one of my hubs alone earns me $2 a day. If you can write a hub which gets enough traffic...

Thanks WryLit, but what should be the right strategy to do the same, if please you may explain a bit.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wry lit is a genius at marketing her work, is a great writer and is a natural at turning readers on.  Not many here, including me, can do that.

I wouldn't say genius... just good at sniffing out what will and won't work. And I prefer to slam people with facts rather than fluff them up. For some reason people like that.

I too agree with TImeTraveler, that you are really good in your things, you know how to attract the readers to read complete post which are worth reading too. i have surely learnt lots from you, and have even made few changes in my hubs after reading your forum posts.

1. sirama profile image90
                  siramaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for poor grammar, wrote that when My Leed is popping his neck from his cabin often towards me... smile

2. sirama profile image90
            siramaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

1) Keep you title in double quotes in the search engine(Google) like "How do I cook Chicken Fry".
            Google shows the result 10 per page. Try to find the last page and calculate number result like 10 * Total Page (Do not look at the number results reported by google, do this way). Let say this as X.
            2) Now use the "Google Keyword tool/planner" (Search for it in google itself) and find out search volumns for "How Do I cook Chicken Fry". Let say this as Y.
            Your hub performance Index (Prediction Only) = Y DIVIDED BY X or simple Y / X. Try with different Combination of Keyword and find out the best one (High index = best title).
            ============
            Looked at your profile, you write for beauty cosmetics, tips, baby care etc.  To decide what topic to write next use planner for generalized term like "Baby Care", "Beauty" , "Beauty Tips" - Then look at the traffic volumes for the suggested keywords, pick a topic and write.
            ============
            Easy way: Forget about all these stuff, write a quality stuff consistently and Google indexes your pages, increased your to some delta.

thank you so much for this detailed and new info.  I am new to know all these.

2. kapilddit profile image61
          kapildditposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Yeah google keywords tool is one of the best for searching keywords, make sure you are choosing the 'exact' terms rather than 'broad' ones. Apart from this tool, you can simply google in on the terms which people are searching for this just put in google the term you wish to write article for ex. DIY  Facial Masks for Acne and then go for allintitle. i.e "DIY Facial Masks for Acne". this will give you the exact amount of competition which your keyword would be facing. Go for ones with narrow competition. Hope i am clear, i hope other fellow hubbers would correct me if i am wrong

6. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 10 years ago

I have been here a little over two years, and I have to say it has taken me all that time to learn topics people are searching for.  I learn something new every single day about HubPages, and how to get traffic.  You can write the most interesting article in the world (you think), but if people don't read it, what good is it????   NONE!  People search for answers to their problems, and we can supply those answers by writing good "how to's" Hubs.
    I'm just learning the value of marketing my work through several sources.  At one time I thought that was too "self serving", but it is essential. 
    I'm learning more about Google+ for one thing.  I use FaceBook groups, and Pinterest gives me good traffic. 
    I'm trying now to learn to Blog so I can bring readers to my HP work.
    Read Hubs from writers who have been here a long time and are successful.  They have taught me a lot.
    It takes time, work and patience to earn money.  HubPages give us the tools, (I still spend time in the Learning Center), and we have to use those tools to our advantage.

i have little success with facebook, zero success with twitter while i have been receiving good traffic from pinterest. Yeah blogging too helps and you can use it too. Have you tried any of the social bookmarking sites?

7. zanaworld profile image59
    zanaworldposted 10 years ago

@younghopes - My present goal is reaching $1 a day, which looks a distance dream.  Some are earning over $600 a month.

Follow the link I posted in my hub titled "MY FIRST HUB" @
    http://zanaworld.hubpages.com/hub/my-fi … d_23118478

Here there is details of high earner hubbers are listed and also it give some tips on earning big!

thank yo so much for this link and the other links posted too. It's great to read the success stories of so many hubbers, its unbelievable

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)