jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is there any benefit of allowing a hub to stay unpublished for a few days?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

Is there any benefit of allowing a hub to stay unpublished for a few days?

Even if it is ready to be published? Just because we wish to have a higher hub score when it is published!

2. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

I never publish on a weekend always at the start of the week and never on Thursday or Fridays. If you leave it until the start of the week you have better chance on initial traffic rate

1. rajan jolly profile image89
      rajan jollyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree Vrijdag. Fridays and Saturdays of all days are the lowest in terms of traffic for me.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

My hubs usually sit for a few days, especially if they are longer and require research. When I think it is finished I often wait overnight so I can proof with fresh eyes before I publish. I don't think I could resist much longer than that, so I don't let them sit unpublished for the higher score, but it does happen.

4. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

When you don't publish a Hub right away, and let it sit for a week, it will give the HubPages algorithms time to look at it and evaluate it.  And you can edit it based on what you are seeing.

By waiting a bit, you can often have your Hub publish with an initial score in the 60s-70s instead of in the 40s-50s.  I've even gotten some unpublished Hubs up into the lower 80s before publishing.

1. urmilashukla23 profile image78
      urmilashukla23posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow! never new this secret. Thanks Rajan for asking this question.

2. ChristyWrites profile image79
      ChristyWritesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I did not know this either!

3. rajan jolly profile image89
      rajan jollyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's new to me too, Relache. Would this rate the hub higher up in the search results?

5. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

While it is true that you will get initial traffic on your hub on the first few days from Hubpages, I'm not sure whether it really makes a difference when you publish.  Most of my Hubs seem to get about 25-60 views from HubPages in the first 2 days or so.  I think the difference is not the time published but rather whether the subject matter is interesting to Hubbers.

working