jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think you owe a vote up for those who answer your questions?

1. T. R. Brown profile image75
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

Do you think you owe a vote up for those who answer your questions?

I feel like I should take the time to show my appreciation so long as the answer isn't rude.  Your thought?

2. profile image0
    caribbeanmedskulsposted 5 years ago

It is always feels good to receive a reply but it is not necessary. What is important is the sincerity of the response. We all know that we to participate within the hub community to maintain good points that is why I am not expecting a reciprocating stance. At the end of the day, we know we have done our share and that's just more than enough to make your day.

1. T. R. Brown profile image75
      T. R. Brownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for chiming in.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If the answer doesn't actually answer the question (which happens a lot!), absolutely not.  Good answers which stay on topic and provide genuine advice get "up" votes from me.  Answers which just repeat what someone else has already said without adding anything new get left alone.

4. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

I feel that when an answer is reasonable, whether I personally agree with the expressed opinion or not, then I should vote up the question.    What I don't like seeing is negatively voted answers simply because someone doesn't agree with the given stance.

I agree with you, TR Brown, voting answers shows appreciation.tongue

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

not at all. i ask a question, someone answers it in a way i disagree with, i vote it down. it's not about appreciation, it's about what i think versus what the other person thinks.

working