jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What are slide views?

1. Angela Brummer profile image47
    Angela Brummerposted 5 years ago

What are slide views?

2. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

When someone clicks on pictures in your hubs and views them in a slide show. I honestly don't know why this is tracked, I don't usually pay attention to it.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The slideshow carries its own ads, and therefore the views are counted.

2. CCahill profile image80
      CCahillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does this mean it recieves double the impressions, one lot for the ads on the hub and one lot for the ads on the slideshow?

3. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, to the extent slideshows are viewed, new impressions would be generated, and split 60-40 between the Hubber and HubPages.

3. ChristyWrites profile image82
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

Look at one of your hubs that has at last two photos. If a person clicks on that top photo, they are taken to a "slide show" of your hub photos. "Slide views" are the number of people who have clicked to see all of the photos in your hub. That is how I understand the concept.

1. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I my slide views in one hub also appeared in thumbnails. Why was that? Did I do something wrong?

4. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Its just telling you how many people have clicked on to the pictures in your Hub.

5. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 5 years ago

When you add more than one picture capsule on your hubs, your pictures can be separately viewed by clicking on the first picture. This is the slide views. In the beginning,  you had to upload at least 5 pictures to appear your pictures on slide views, but now, if there is more than one picture, you can view pictures in a slide that appears in a pop up window.

6. JamesGrantSmith profile image58
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

Its essentially the amount of people who open your images.