jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

We know you use social networks in your business and would like to know why we c

1. wheelinallover profile image77
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

We know you use social networks in your business and would like to know why we can't locate you?

Pulling together a group of like minded individuals who are willing to share is a feat many have tried and most have failed. How did you pull this off and keep yourself private from those who share your work?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6767993_f260.jpg

2. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

There are many private writing groups that a lot of us use on social sites like Facebook, but I also use my private account since I don't really share anything that would affect my business life or vice versa. Hope this helps.

1. wheelinallover profile image77
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have had to do what I can to separate my personal life from my business one. No matter how hard I try there is always bleed through. This works both ways, personal ends up with business and business ends up in personal.

3. Brett.Tesol profile image68
    Brett.Tesolposted 5 years ago

Hi Wheelinallover,

Glad you think I pulled it off. Although, I think I just got the ball rolling, it was largely that Hubpages already had a great community! I just sowed a few seeds about supporting each other more and working together as a group for success. Seems a lot agreed and started to throw those seeds a little wider ;-).

As for finding me, it depends on what you are looking for. For my 'real life friends', I generally stay in touch via calling, coffees, Whatsapp, Gchat (Google chat), email and Skype. The reason for this is that with friends, I prefer instant 'live' communication and also that I believe work and personal lives are better kept separate. This is even more important with online businesses, as often you would transfer the social media along with the website ... if you sell it in the future.

That said, you can find many of my social media accounts easily with a search. As for my business social accounts, they are often business pages.

Hubpages is more of a personal hobby, although I admit it is also a great marketing platform too, I generally write here for my own enjoyment.

If ever you wish to contact me directly, you can of course drop me a line via one of the websites on my profile...

working