jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Are There Any Disadvantages To Disabling Pinterest?

1. Rock_nj profile image92
    Rock_njposted 5 years ago

Are There Any Disadvantages To Disabling Pinterest?

I noticed I can disable Pinterest.  Are there any disadvantages to not allowing Pinterest users to pin my Hubs?  Conversely, are there any advantages to allowing Pinterest?  I heard some artists don't like Pinterest because it does not give proper credit to artists for their work.  Does this mean someone can post a full Hub I write and the reader will not have to visit the Hub on HubPages to read it?

2. cynthtggt profile image77
    cynthtggtposted 5 years ago

I have noticed that Pinterest is no longer on my hubs.  You obviously see it on yours.  Where do you see it?  I use to see it once I published a hub but now it is not there.  thanks.

1. Rock_nj profile image92
      Rock_njposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's there anymore.  I thought of this question because I was setting up Google Analytics today and I came across a check box to disable the ability for people to pin my Hubs on Pinterest.  I am not sure what to do re: Pinterest?

2. cynthtggt profile image77
      cynthtggtposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, even more odd was the fact that I got an email notice from Hubpage editors that invited me to click on an article about the advantages of using Pinterest but when I clicked on the article it said: "No Longer Published" or "No longer available."

3. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

No, a whole hub would not appear on Pinterest, just an image (picture) from the hub which would be linked to the hub, if someone clicks once on the picture they see it enlarged, if they click again it opens your actual hub, and you will see those pageviews in your statistics.

working