jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why is my earning still 10 cents when my followers are increasing?

1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Why is my earning still 10 cents when my followers are increasing?

I noticed  that my followers are increasing but my earning still maintains 10 cents per day. Why?

2. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

An increase in followers does not mean more people are reading your hubs. It is more important to make sure your hubs do well on google and other search engines as that is where I get 80% or more of my views.

Although I enjoy reading other's hubs, I can't read them all, in the same way, your follows are not all reading every one of your hubs, every day. Hope that helps.

peachpurpleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How do I get more people to read my hubs on google? I have submitted links to reddit, delicious, digg, rate it all, twitter and facebook but google analytics does not show any traffic from these backlinks at all?

3. D.Juris Stetser profile image60
    D.Juris Stetserposted 5 years ago

I was under the impression that our 'income' was based on the responses from readers to the ads placed on our page.  I only do poetry, so it's probably not even an option for me. Still, I can't see what the number of followers would have to do with earnings. As I said, I'm not into that end of it, and I have a constant gripe about one Hubber's constant bloating the pages with posting who's following her on and on ad infinitum, It doesn't apply to me, clutters my pages that could be used more wisely, and seem little more than an ego trip.  I hope you can find out more, because 10 cents does sound like a meager reward for your hard work. I wish you luck.....dotti

Yes, i feel so sad when my earnings is 10 cent per day. I do get 30-40 views per day which I think too few for my 62 hubs. What would you suggest?

4. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

The number of followers doesn't have an effect on your earnings.  You need more people viewing your content in order to increase your income from HP.  It would be nice if all followers took time to look at your new hubs, but that doesn't necessarily haoppen.

Yes, i agree that not all hubbers would take time to read my hubs if they are not interested with the topics I posted.

working