Who are the top hubpage earners and what is their secret?

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Sue B. profile image93
    Sue B.posted 12 years ago

Who are the top hubpage earners and what is their secret?

I read a few hubs that described the top hubpage earners but I think it was from last year or so.  Who are the top earners now and what are the main reasons for their success?

2. amymarie_5 profile image67
    amymarie_5posted 12 years ago

It takes about a year to make money on hubpages. I've been on for about four months now and I've noticed each month the money I'm making is steadily increasing.  At ths rate, I'll probably have my first check in just a few more months.  Are you back linking?  Join Shetoldme.com, that's a great plalce to bookmark and another one I use religiously is imautomator.com, when you sign up for imautomator, there is a free sign up and a pay one.  The one you pay is just  a waste of money.  The free option is just fine.  Another good tip is yahoo answers. I answer questions and then add the link to my hub.  Good luck!!!

1. sarahspradlin profile image91
      sarahspradlinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What does backlinking mean? I see that this was from 6 years ago. Did your income increase????

3. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 12 years ago

The top HubPages earners are on HubPages homepage. If you take glimpse of their hubs, then you'll find that their hubs are interactive, commercial and trendy. Their hubs quickly attract search engine visitors, so they are top earners here.
    I'm still trying to reach their writing ability!!

4. mishdog profile image58
    mishdogposted 12 years ago

I'm really interested to know how much they are earning!

5. pearpandas profile image60
    pearpandasposted 12 years ago

I was also wondering how much they are earning - if it is enough to do it full time?

6. profile image0
    bharath.adupaposted 12 years ago

I also suggest you to read success stories as said by heshamtecom..

7. jtgoodgame profile image60
    jtgoodgameposted 12 years ago

promote top paying affiliate products that arent scams or fads.  Through your own site of course.  Hosting is a big one, as it pays around $100 commision for each signup.  There are many more.

8. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

I feel to attract google or other search engines write hubs on hot keywords or topics, moreover always try to give your visitors a reason to comment & like your hub, in this way you increase your hub hit rate & hence earn great due to the CTR (click through rate)

9. Bobri Dobri profile image67
    Bobri Dobriposted 12 years ago

I think most of them had left hubpages after panda.. The great example for me was Misha, who had very few hubs (about 12), but made at least $1000 on them or even on one best hub, I don't remember exactly.

10. BlueGlobal profile image60
    BlueGlobalposted 12 years ago

The secret to earning the most with Hubpages is creating content that isn't available or promoted anywhere else. My guess is the best way to go about things is to target longtail keywords, write a long article, include some rich media, promote it on Facebook/Twitter, bookmark it a few times, send some links to it, make sure it's SEO-friendly. But really, the people that know how to do all these things really effectively aren't on hubpages - they are making a ton more money with their own websites. Hubpages is good because you get the domain authority from Hubpages.com, but when you are really interested in earning a signficant income online, you see that the next move is to go solo. Good luck everyone!

11. Thadrok profile image60
    Thadrokposted 12 years ago

How much you earn depends on how good your hubs are and if they are popular topics. If a lot of people read your hubs then you will earn more because more people are likely to click the ads.

So, be strategic in which topics to write about, make sure you use effective keywords naturally, write useful hubs and you will make money over time.

I disagree that it takes a year to make money here. However, earnings do rise over time because the traffic the hubs generate moves the page up in Google's search results, which leads to more readers and thus more money.

For the most part, focus on your writing and the money will follow.

12. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 12 years ago

people say it takes a year to make money on here but it took me four months and i have since started my own website, the best way to make money is getting your articles out there. Sign up to sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Diggit etc and create a profile with a catchy theme. Add people that are following similar groups to your article subjects, and remember to update regular. Also google your article topic and look for questions that have been asked relating to that topic then post your hub link in the answer box, posting links on forums relating to your article topics are also a good way to get traffic smile

13. jLou03 profile image58
    jLou03posted 12 years ago

HP earnings btw are much better increasing rather then in Google.

14. chatmais profile image40
    chatmaisposted 12 years ago

I'm new to hub pages, but this seams very interesting, in my website i earn about 25 USD per month in google adds, (hope to increase tongue) in my opinion, its all about the content... if you have a hub with interesting content and useful people will visit it, and you will ear money... the problem is writing an interesting hub tongue

15. LynnHub profile image60
    LynnHubposted 12 years ago

I don't know who the top earners are, but I'm betting that it's people who are willing to work very hard, are persistent and know that it takes time to build up an income.

16. iviskei profile image71
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

It's difficult to name all the popular hubbers, but there are many great articles out there that give you a look at their secrets.

http://sweetsusieg.hubpages.com/hub/How … n-HubPages

http://jsmatthew.hubpages.com/hub/So-Yo … h-HubPages

17. profile image0
    deepuavposted 12 years ago

I am new to hubpages and I don't know who are the to hubpage earners but I think persistent work will definitely earn you something

18. baharlaghari profile image59
    baharlaghariposted 12 years ago

Everything takes time and hard work, then every thing'll come in your favor with the passage of time, Once you get good stuff or content at hubpages, for example 1000 visits make 500$..now its up to you that you bring 1000 visitors to your hubs a day or 10 visitors who visit 10 hubs to let you make 500$.. so work hard

1. gmv profile image80
      gmvposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I wish 1000 visits made me $500.  I would be rolling in dough.

19. rembrandz profile image80
    rembrandzposted 12 years ago

I linked my adsense just couple of months back to hubpages and I see my balance increasing. I can't be proud it's a lot, but I see the progress. I also notice an increase in page views very gradually.

I guess we have to be patient, upload some unique articles with proper keywording and participate in the community as much as we can and we should be good.

20. zanaworld profile image57
    zanaworldposted 12 years ago

amymarie_5 has answered the best.  thanks amymarie_5 for the some tips.

I happy that sue B asked this question.  the answers have given some insight.

Also note:

1.  You need to have some good hubs - quality and quantity
    2.  Participate in Hub activities... including Question & Answer section.
    3.  And be there at the forums and participate.
    4.  Make friends and send fan mails
    5.  Make some good comments on others hubpages.

Apart from having some good hubs, you need to be active across all hub sections.

If you liked this answer, then please mark me up and be my fan.  I have some really good hubs to read.

1. Destinyzed profile image60
      Destinyzedposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Helpful... thanks

21. Anna82 profile image60
    Anna82posted 12 years ago

The secret is just like in real world - A right product (hub in this case)

You can not make money if you wrote something about World War 2 or ladybugs even if the article is super well written. Why? Because people don't care about ww2 or lady bugs. They want something else.  Try to find hot topics. Think what people want, need and like.

P.S Since most ad clickers are from Search Engines (It's a fact.), it is better to have your website to rank in Google, Bing and Yahoo.

It used to be easy to get big traffic using hubpages, but Internet Blackhats abused this method and google significantly reduced ranking chance of Hubs.

22. sidds123450 profile image61
    sidds123450posted 12 years ago

Probably building backlinks and social networking is must, and this might help the hub grow not only in search engines but hubs would get featured on hubpages as well.

23. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

I think their secret is their good quality hubs and links this hubs to different websites.

24. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

It's not really a secret, it's really just people who not only read the Learning Center but use that information when they create new hubs.

It's really a matter of: research, writing, writing, writing, more research, and a little bit of luck. It's mostly just hard work and not so much luck.

The more hubs you have, the more you can make. Some people make a lot from just one hub and there is even a group of people who make it their goal to make a lot of money from just one hub. Me? I think that is a waste of time and the effort that is put into that can be used to make a lot of hubs which can earn the same or more.

My tip is, do keyword research on things that you're passionate about. Write hubs on the keywords you come up with... mix it up, though... write a hub on one interest, another hub on a completely different interest and see what works. If a particular interest seems to pan out for you, write more hubs on that topic and interlink them. Make the keyword research the extent of your SEO... spend more time writing quality hubs and less time backlinking and you'll find that backlinks come to you naturally. I actually seldom backlink.

I can tell, as a reader, if someone was passionate about something they've written... it really shows.

25. profile image0
    hungrybagsposted 12 years ago

Its not constant, each month some new entries enter into the top hubpages, secret is I think the content...

26. equine profile image68
    equineposted 12 years ago

Hub page earnings appear to be much greater then google adsense earnings from a pay per view standpoint.

27. Jackie Lynnley profile image82
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

I can see that people really want an idea and I can say that one of the top ones told me that it works out to about minimum wage, and I would imagine that is for the hours put into it. That has also been a few months back and maybe it is improved now, too. I could not say on that with certainty.

28. Felixedet2000 profile image56
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

It is more about doing what you love doing and the money will begin to flow automatically.

29. ratnaveera profile image61
    ratnaveeraposted 12 years ago

The top hubpage earners are those who make their Hubpages to appear on the first page of Google search results. In fact this would not be a simple job. You should use correct keywords in the Hubpage title and you should be also careful about quality of each Hubpage. Then only Google will love your articles and show it on the top of search results.

30. Kristin Halsted profile image67
    Kristin Halstedposted 12 years ago

I'm new to HubPages so I don't have any secrets to share, but I feel the best thing any writer can do is write high quality hubs. That means pay attention to the basics like spelling and grammar. Unfortunately, I see too many hubs where the basics seem to be forgotten. Great material can get lost in a hub full of grammatical problems. Plus, I find it harder to take a writer seriously who doesn't take the time to    address these basics. It somehow makes them less credible. Hopefully, well written hubs will eventually translate into more traffic and more money!

31. Gail Meyers profile image64
    Gail Meyersposted 12 years ago

I have not been here long, but I would think one could make money in less than a year.  It must be like most things in life, the more you put into it the more you get out of it.  I would imagine the "secret" is a lot of hard work!  The faster you are able to put in the hard work, the sooner you can make money.

32. Tiger Mom profile image59
    Tiger Momposted 12 years ago

It takes time, dedication, and patience.  I joined five months ago, and I find reading other successful hubs helped me.  Check out Rebecca E.'s hub, "The Art of Publishing A Fine Hub, and Making Money With Them, Your Hubs Deserve Quality"

33. flowmeter profile image60
    flowmeterposted 12 years ago

It would be great to be a top earner here and know the secrets but I don't have much hope. Maybe making lots of Hubs will make a difference so I might try

34. Beth Pipe profile image72
    Beth Pipeposted 12 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has taken time to post an answer to this question - you've all really helped a newbie like me get to grips with it all.

35. sportgames profile image61
    sportgamesposted 12 years ago

For better earnings you should write some good articles, good is better then many. You should also get you hub known by everyone,these is were SEO comes in. You can find a lot of good articles about SEO.

36. nicregi profile image64
    nicregiposted 12 years ago

After reading all the comments, I took about 4 months to get my revenue running as one of my hub got featured for few times. After that, I slowly build followers and now thanks to HP ad program (requirement to have Adsense), I am able to get a steady income daily. I wouldn't say that much but it is better than nothing.

What you need to be successful:
    1. Write, write, write. Enough is never enough!
    2. Do some backlinking and link building
    3. Think out of the box. Be different from the rest
    4. Communicate with your commentor. Understand why they say so etc.
    5. Learn from mistake and keep updating.

Here are the 5 things why I believe hubbers are earning money (top hubbers).

Good luck!

37. teejes profile image40
    teejesposted 12 years ago

earn at hubpage is easy just often make a good content, but is need much our time to make a good content.

38. pelt545 profile image40
    pelt545posted 12 years ago

I think that it takes time for any writer to earn money. He/she just has to keep doing what he is doing and gain patience.

39. mom101 profile image59
    mom101posted 12 years ago

Top hubpage earners? In my opinion, those would be the ones that participate on a regular basis in hub writings, questions, helping others, and so on.

Several hubbers here earn a high percentage of their income from hubpages. The secret to their success is they do the above mentioned things.

Me personally, I do not understand how much of this works, but am trying to learn.

The secret to any success is diligence.  Writing is not an easy task.

40. dumindu89 profile image62
    dumindu89posted 12 years ago

As amymarie said, add the link to your hub or web site below your answer in yahoo answers is a good way to get more traffic to your hub or web site. More traffic means more revenue. Make sure that your hub has relevant content to your answer in yahoo answers.

41. Perspycacious profile image64
    Perspycaciousposted 12 years ago

Go to the Learning Center.  Study it and learn all you can.  Apply what you have learned.  If your writing skills are poor, find a mentor who will help you improve.  It is probably a good idea to take a local/community college course in Creative Writing.  That will give you expert advice and should give you encouragement to continuously improve.  Learn from other Hubbers, and use the added advantages of Amazon, Poll, Summary, etc.  Most of all make your Hubs accurate, factual, funny (perhaps), and work until your work becomes enjoyable and your creativity becomes fun.  Take notes of funny experiences for a future Hub.  Listen to what people are talking about for new Hub topics.  Read "Letters To The Editor" in national publications because those are the things people really care about enough to write in about, and then write about those topics.  The pleasure of writing on HubPages is that you never have to have a single answer to the question strangers will ask you:  "Well, what do you write about?"

42. starstream profile image42
    starstreamposted 12 years ago

If only I could take all of their knowledge mixed in my healthy morning meal!  I'd love to stay and read for hours..

43. Sue B. profile image93
    Sue B.posted 11 years ago

I wanted to add a recent observation- I am noticing the top hubpage earners are inventive and stay ahead of the trend.  It seems as though they have done what people know is profitable and worthwhile at least months ahead of everyone else.

I think one of their secrets is staying involved, continuing to research and improve, and anticipating what the next best way to earn will be.

44. ericjperry profile image81
    ericjperryposted 6 years ago

I am glad you asked this question. I do not have the answer, but I wanted to thank all of those that did answer for the advice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)