Increasing Hubpages earning

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (28 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 12 years ago

I have well over 300 hubs. I earn about $40 from my content each month. This is because my SEO and keyword research skills are really bad. I can't stuff keyword into content just to please the search engines and I hate backlinking. Do I have any chance to get to about $100/month and if so how?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but you will need to backlink and you will need to accept the fact that it takes about 3 years for a hub to reach its peak earning potential. I don't 'keyword stuff' either, but you can incorporate keywords without it looking like you are doing so. I expect when you have been here for three years you will be earning over $100 per month, although backlinking will speed this up if you do it right without being 'spammy'.

2. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not to put too fine a point on it Sid, simply because needs must and all that - the answer is no, highly unlikely. Why? Several factors, not least the current online atmosphere, coupled with your apparent lack of SEO knowledge (your words) and the fact that you come across as someone that wants money for nothing.

You do an awful lot of asking and very little in terms of applying what you're advised, from what I can fathom. How many times do you need to hear 'backlink, learn SEO, build on your skills' before you actually go away and do so?

You have asked and continue to ask so many questions, time and again. You receive the advice/support you're looking for. You want to know what I think? You want a magic answer, you don't want informing that you need to work harder.

Nothing in life comes for free. Nothing. So take the advice (that's often repetitive) and employ it, instead of avoidance and handholding. Time to start walking.

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sid, I think the above sums up the situation very concisely.

2. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree to an extent, but that is a bit harsh.

3. Evan Hutchinson profile image69
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Keep on writing a ton and backlink hardcore. if you get a hub that starts to get a wild amount of views out of nowhere, keep writing on similar topics that you can link off of that one superhub. Surf the waves.

4. bangla-news profile image40
      bangla-newsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you should write your hubs best on some targeted keywords that suit you and then make some relevant backlinks daily.It will definitely grow your income.Thanks!

2. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 12 years ago

Heck, you're my hero at $40/mo!
    I'll give you a bump for support. smile

1. sid_candid profile image57
      sid_candidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the appreciation, but I have way more hubs compared to you and I believe $40 is too less a earning for that number of hubs.

1. goldenpath profile image68
        goldenpathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

True and I feel your frustration.  Still, from my lowly state I humbly prostrate myself before what success you do have.  It does serve as a positive note to the many of us that the system can and does work.

2. Evan Hutchinson profile image69

I just read some of your hubs and honestly, you need to improve your writing skills. Some of your sentences looked like broken English, and that is bad on an article, and worse on a title. Also, break up your paragraphs more. Your paragraphs are too long and can turn into one big blurry block.

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

oh those where the days..I remember $30 months ..before panda..sigh hmm

4. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Well, it could be because some of your hubs are terms no one searches for, while others people do.

Only a small amount of my hubs get most of the views, while others are moderate (10-50 daily), and some barely get any views.

1. Jokylu profile image59
      Jokyluposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Frogdropping mentioned backlinking, that term is new to me, what does it mean and how do you do it?

1. frogdropping profile image77

Thank you ever so much,  not only am I enjoying writing hubs but I am also enjoying the learning process that goes with it. Thankyou for replying so soon.
          Cheers

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Backlinking is essentially getting links back to your article on other sites, blogs, forums etc. Some of this happens naturally when people like an article you have written, and choose to post a link to it in articles/sites of their own, but relying on people doing this slows the process right down. What you need to be doing is finding other sites to post a short piece of good quality writing (say 200-300 words) that is relevant to the subject of your hub, then (if you can), hyperlink a key phrase with the URL of your Hubpage article. If you can't post hyperlinks then at least you can post the link. Not only will this process bring more traffic to your article, but also the more backlinks that are leading to your article from different sites, the more credibility it has with Google, so this should help push your article up the SERPS.

Thankyou so much for this advice, I am a real novice in the computer world but I am enjoying writing Hubs.  It is 3 ;30 am now and I am tired so will follow up tomorrow, thanks again
          cheers.

You are welcome. Good Luck smile

1. frogdropping profile image77

Yap yap yap smile

LOL cheeky smile

2. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm the same as Dave, I feel for the people who write really interesting stuff, I have a large amount of hubs which I really put effort in to give people an intellectual resource, for example, my hubs about the British Museum, Eaton College or Windsor castle are sitting there with 0 views while my quirky content gets all the views and earnings.

1. Greekgeek profile image79
        Greekgeekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Suggestion: Find Creative Commons or Wikimedia Commons images of museum artifacts or landmarks in the places you're writing about. Even better, showcase your own photos, although you have to weigh the risk of people stealing them versus the advantage of attracting traffic to your pages.
        Include those images on your hubs.
        Make sure the images are named very specific things ("bull harp, Royal Tombs of Ur" e.g., or bull-harp-royal-tombs-of-ur.jpg). Take advantage of captions.

This way, you may pick up traffic from people searching for those very specific artifacts. Granted, most visitors will only look at the pictures and may not click ads, but step one is getting traffic; step two is conversion (getting the visitors to do something you want, whether that's clicking ads or just reading your content).

Being specific and "nouny" in your writing is another simple, built-in form of SEO.  People tend to search the web looking for specific information ("British museum hours" "British museum Elgin marbles" "when did British museum open") rather than general queries ("British Museum") or, if they go general, they'll land on the general website (the British Museum website) which outranks yours. If you provide little tidbits of information using proper names and terms that people tend to search for in conjunction with your topic, you may capture a bunch of little searches. It's possible to be specific and include such tidbits without sacrificing a lively and engaging writing style.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

If you plan to ever write for others you have to learn how to "stuff keyword into content." That does not mean you over use it, you just have to find a creative way to mention the keyword that fits with your article or blog post. It's part of what a writer has to do these days...

I had just hit $100 a month before Panda...now I am no where near that. I am only learning now that I have to work harder at backlinking.

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image69

Disagree wholeheartedly. I have made thousands on HubPages by doing exactly the opposite. Overthinking your writing is the quick ticket to writer's block. Maybe your take is different but when I think too much into it, writers block sets in.

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image69

That is, disagree with keyword stuffing, not backlinking. Backlinking the legit way is key. Grey hat and black hat tricks are not.

6. profile image0
    Web Addictposted 12 years ago

Still a very informative despite the uhm.. err.. just let it be. That happens everywhere. big_smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

The use of keywords or 'tags' is important smile but also include industry. Some of my hubs are health or business related so I add those too in the tags. Backlinking tongue I know it seems tedious. Just find related blogs, leave comments, find do-follow blogs tho wink so your link shows. Just 3 links a day can equal lots links by end of the year wink big_smile good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)