jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is the little flag icon for next to a hub?

1. Julie DeNeen profile image86
    Julie DeNeenposted 5 years ago

What is the little flag icon for next to a hub?

Sometimes I want to bookmark a hub, but I don't know how. The little flag icon at the top I assume is for reporting something inappropriate, so I don't want to use it- I feel like such a dork. How do I bookmark my favorites on here?

2. backporchstories profile image79
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

When I was new to Hubpages I found there are a lot of things to discover in tools for us to use.  The flag icon is for when you see a hub that is overly advertising or abusive language or written in poor taste or written very poorly.  As readers, we can report those hubs to the Hubpage crew by clicking on the flag.  The Hubpage crew then looks at it and decides if that hub should be removed.

1. backporchstories profile image79
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have yet to see bookmarking....hope we both see that answer soon on this question.

3. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

The little flag icon in the upper right hand corner of a Hub is used to flag the Hub for HubPage violations.  HubPage violations include the Hub being written in a language other than English, sexual or inappropriate content, over promotion of a product, poor quality, spamming, etc.  I have flagged one or 2 Hubs because they were not written in English.

When a Hub is flagged it is reviewed by the HubPage moderators and can be pulled.

For a more details here is the link to the Learning Center with the "Guidelines for Flagging Hubs".

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … p-hubpages

You used to be able to bookmark Hubs and save them in your account.  They removed that feature a few months ago.  I think the easiest way to bookmark a Hub is to set up a file "Favorite Hubs" in your browser's bookmarks and save them there.  The disadvantage of this system is that you will only be able to retrieve them on the computer you saved them on.  If you use multiple computers, it could get complicated.

Here is a link to the forum on the phase out of bookmarks:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/95015

Hope this helps.  The Learning Center can be a valuable resource for New Hubbers.

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
      J.S.Matthewposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer bankscottage! Voted it up!  JSMatthew~

2. mypassion profile image61
      mypassionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very well explained, bankscottage!

working