jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you need to ask before you share another writer's hub within your writing?

1. kygirl89 profile image59
    kygirl89posted 5 years ago

Do you need to ask before you share another writer's hub within your writing?

2. Janine Huldie profile image87
    Janine Huldieposted 5 years ago

Very good question and I am not sure if you need actual permission.  My gut says yes to this though and because I was raised to be polite and courteous I would ask anyway if it were me looking to do this.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image86
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

Not really, though I tend to say who's Hub it is. For example I might say something like,

"As SoandSo said in his article, [Article link here], you can clearly see where I'm coming from with this...."

Many of my Hubbers see it as a shout-out, and a way of promoting their articles, and I'm happy to do it where possible ^^

4. Crystal Tatum profile image88
    Crystal Tatumposted 5 years ago

My personal opinion is yes, as a courtesy to the author. I would prefer to be asked and to know the subject matter of the hub before someone included a link to my work. I'd also like to know so I could issue an appropriate thank you.

1. kygirl89 profile image59
      kygirl89posted 5 years agoin reply to this

How do I ask them on HubPages?

2. Crystal Tatum profile image88
      Crystal Tatumposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi kygirl89. On a hubber's profile page, on the right hand side, you will see a contact link. It says "Contact (hubber's name). You can click on that to send the hubber an email.

3. kygirl89 profile image59
      kygirl89posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I have one other question, in what ways do people share hubs?  Like within your writing mention other hubs and on Facebook post other writer's hubs too?

4. Crystal Tatum profile image88
      Crystal Tatumposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There's a link capsule you can add when writing or editing a hub. Also, when reading other hubbers, you can click on "share" and do so via facebook, twitter or share with your followers. Their hub will appear on your followers' feeds. Share with disc

5. Deborah Brooks profile image79
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

I haven't ask if I could share but I do mention the other hubber and the link to their hub..

working