jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why do I feel there are more of Ladies here on HubPages than Gentlemen?

1. ashish04joshi profile image73
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

Why do I feel there are more of Ladies here on HubPages than Gentlemen?

2. Academicviews profile image85
    Academicviewsposted 5 years ago

I haven't noticed if there are more females and males on hubpages. I don't really see what relevance that has either?

1. ashish04joshi profile image73
      ashish04joshiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not relevant really! was just a question that came to my mind....coz I happened to notice that...don't really know if it's true or not.

3. Modern Lady profile image73
    Modern Ladyposted 5 years ago

I have felt the same way, however I think who I follow and who follows me is skewed toward women because of my interests.  It's hard to get an objective view.

1. Academicviews profile image85
      Academicviewsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there is a vivid difference between men and women anymore so the view should not be skewed unless its for certain issues.

4. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

There are more ladies here on HubPages than Gentlemen.   Check the audience demographics from Alexa http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/hubpages.com

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Don't forget that there are a lot of men who post female avatar pictures.  It's a strange internet phenomena but it's been documented as happening a lot.  For instance, a significant amount of the writers from India who appear to be women are really men.

1. Academicviews profile image85
      Academicviewsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I find that a little uncomfortable lol not to mention silly.

2. ashish04joshi profile image73
      ashish04joshiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really? why would anyone want to do that? esp. on sites such as this where only your work matters.

working