When voting a hub up or down, what factors do you use?

1. breathe2travel profile image78
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

When voting a hub up or down, what factors do you use?

For example, do you vote a hub up only if you agree with it, and vote it down if you disagree? Or, do you vote according to the quality of content - that the author writes effectively and clearly?  Or, are there other factors involved?

2. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 5 years ago

It's not based on whether or not I agree with the hub, because all of that is purely subjective, and I don't think it's fair to judge someone's work based solely on my personal prejudices and point of view.

When I vote up, I base my decision on these criteria:
    Quality research, or good understanding of the subject; lovingly crafted and not just tossed together; beautifully formatted, including multiple small sections with subtitles; proper grammar and sentence structure; quality images throughout the hub; and good editing skills, meaning the work flows from one thought to the next.

When I vote down, the above criteria are overall not met.

3. the girls profile image77
    the girlsposted 5 years ago

When I vote up a hub (not down), I like the article. It has quality and good content. It is also  clear and concise. It doesn't matter if I agree or disagree with the author. What's important is that the hub has given me something worthy reading it.

working