For successful hubbers, how long did it take you to earn more than $250 monthly?
Just to give some inspiration and motivation to fairly new hubbers (including me).
I think you will find this really varies from person to person and right now even experienced hubbers are struggling as their traffic has recently fallen off a cliff. http://hubpages.com/success/ - Check out the graphs on the success stories to see what I mean.
To earn $250 a month will be different from hubber to hubber depending on a number of factors such as:
1. number of hubs written
2. keywords targetted in hubs
3. competition for these keywords/hubs in the google - which will affect where you are ranked in google
3. traffic to each hub
4. HP Adprogram or just Google Adsense. (I'd suggest you sign up for the HP Adprogram)
5. evergreen content
6. how much you promote your hubs
7. the average cpm on your account
You will have to decide also how you plan to try and earn your $250 per month.
Are you going to go for lower competition terms that have lots of trafffic so it's easier to get ranked on google, but will probably result in lower CPM's. Or will you go for more competitive terms, with higher click values and CPM and much lower traffic.
Will you try and earn extra revenue through amazon and ebay links?
I have 70 hubs and will probably earn $200 this month from the HP Adprogram. I have approximately 90k views for the month and have perhaps made a few extra dollars if you add in amazon and adsense revenue for the month (I don't have any ebay links).
However, I have been told that this would appear to be a higher return per hub than normal. The yardstick I was given at the beginning of my HP adventure was to aim for each hub to make $1 per month. On that basis you'd need 250 hubs. Even if you manage to get them to make $2 p/m that's 125 hubs and so on.
For your own account, if you are using the HP Adprogram, the following calculation will show you how many hubs that you'll roughly need to make $250 p/m.
impressions x CPM = $250
250/CPM = impresssions needed
then you can surmise how many hubs you'll roughly need by figuring out the average impressions per hub you currently get.
It's important to remember that you'll need a lot more views than impressions as the impressions are the 60% you are paid on while the other 40% of views HP keeps the revenue from.
http://lauryallan.hubpages.com/hub/A-Hu … iment-2012 - Here's a hub I wrote about my personal experience on HP this year. I keep it as a sort of monthly journal to help me understand my journey so far on HP and other's really get an insight into HP and how it works. It will give you an idea of how easy/hard it is to make $250 p/m consistently from HP.
@Lauryallan: Can I just say that Answer is brilliant and you've gained a follower
Thank you so much Newcalendar. Hope I can share some more helpful information with you in the future!
I agree with newcalender, partially because I saw a Game of Thrones Hub on Lauryallan's profile which made it obligatory for me to follow her
by Dani Alicia3 years ago
Does anyone have a good idea of how many hubs I would need in order to make at least $50 a month through the Hubpages Ad program? 100? 200? Anyone achieved this monetary amount per month yet?
by sid_candid7 years ago
My aim at hubpages is to earn an average of $500 or more per month in a years time. Right now I have 165 hubs and earn between $20-$30. I wanted to know if I can achieve my goal in a years time or less if I concentrate...
by AbFreak1012 years ago
i have around 12 hubs and im making maybe 10 cents a day.Who here makes at least $100 a month and how many hubs do you have
by Ellen3 years ago
One of the biggest ways to learn success on the web is to...study success.1. Go to Alexa.com's profile of Hubpages2. Go to the profiles of the hubbers who get the largest percentage of Hubpages' traffic.3. Examine what...
by Steve Andrews5 years ago
In a word: adverts! I was just looking at some older hubs and realised I have lots of Amazon and eBay ads alongside the text or in blocks. I remember doing this now having seen some past high-earner Hubbers having lots...
by Renz Kristofer Cheng5 years ago
For fairly new hubbers: how long do you think it will take you to earn more than $250 monthly?It's goal setting time! When do you believe you will earn more than $250 monthly?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.