jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

How successful your journey have been on hubpages?

1. wowtgp profile image61
    wowtgpposted 4 years ago

How successful your journey have been on hubpages?

I know this question has been asked loads of time, because every newcomer is curious to know about the successful and struggling not-so-successful hubbers. Do you make a living of the hubpages income? And dare I ask, How much you earn per month her combinig all the affiliates?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Been here two years and have earned nothing - zero.  I write mostly poetry which is not a huge draw for views.  I don't do it for the money which is a good thing because there is no money coming my way.

Trying to make money here is so time consuming that one would be making pennies per hour.

Personally, I can't write to meet SEO - Keyword etc. I view writing as an art form rather than a money-maker.  But I guess there are those that make money--but they work very hard at it.

wowtgpposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Really? I checked   out some of your hubs and they are awesome. How can you not earn anything from them? That's out of my comprehension and a bit disappointing.

2. duffsmom profile image59
      duffsmomposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much wowtgp. I have not idea what it takes to be successful here but to be honest, I don't give it much thought.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I have been fairly successful, but nothing like I want to be.

I hope you get what you want.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you my friend.

4. GlendaGoodWitch profile image91
    GlendaGoodWitchposted 4 years ago

My views and earnings are steadily increasing. I joined a few months ago and was just making 2 cents per day for the longest time and now I am starting to see the pennies turn to dollars.

Amazing!

2. Rebecca Furtado profile image72
      Rebecca Furtadoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have tried hub pages for years. I have not given up because it is the only place you can create really nice looking content. I spend hours on my hubs, I comment and read others. I hardly ever get any comments

5. robhampton profile image99
    robhamptonposted 4 years ago

It is all about content. What are people searching for? I write "how to" articles about swimming pool care and maintenance. I joined over 2 years ago and although traffic is slow right now because not many people are swimming this time of year. Last May, June, July, August and September I was getting monthly payouts of well over $300.00 with just 30 hubs. I am expecting that to increase significantly this season.  I make more with just 30 hubs than some of those who have 7 or 8 hundred hubs. In today's economic state, people want to save money and so my articles are valuable to readers and are searched for often. And to duffsmoms' comment, I didn't really need to work that hard at it.

$300 p.m. with just 30 hubs is impressive!

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

I don't make a living here, but I started as a hobby. It took one year for me to start making a pay out every other month. I have been keeping with that pace for a while now.

7. Relationshipc profile image88
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

I've been here over two years, but have not put a lot of effort towards income here.

Right now, I barely make $20 a month through HubPages, and around $10 from adsense. While I do some onsite SEO, I do not do a lot of offsite SEO. Also I have only been able to write one article every couple of weeks.

8. brianrock profile image86
    brianrockposted 4 years ago

I don't make a living on HubPages, and never plan to. It's one of several publishing projects I'm working on, and my goal is eventually to earn $100 to $200 each month here.

My first month, I just kind of tested the waters and didn't do much hard work. My second month, I published a few more hubs, got my first decently successful hub, and cleared $2 or $3 for the month. Three months in, my portfolio of hubs is growing, and I'll make $5 to $6 for the month.

My goal / expectation is to reach a point where I'm getting a regular monthly payout sometime between June and August.

Me too.

2. brianrock profile image86
      brianrockposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well good luck to the both of us... smile

working