jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

This Hub is at risk of being identified as Overly Promotional or Substandard.

1. ashish04joshi profile image74
    ashish04joshiposted 5 years ago

This Hub is at risk of being identified as Overly Promotional or Substandard.

One of my poetry hubs "Stay with me forever" displays this warning. I read about it in the Learning Center but I still can't figure out what's wrong. Apart from the text capsule, I've only used a picture via flickr.
    Should I take it seriously or just ignore it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6817652_f260.jpg

2. Mittalmailbox profile image70
    Mittalmailboxposted 5 years ago

If you don't have added any external link to your hub then it only remain with substandard. Actually hubpages checks number of words and format in which you have written. As poems are written in different format than Articles so you can just ignore it.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I checked it out. One link per 50 words is allowed and the poem HAS more than 50 words. And the link too is the 'source' of the image I used.

3. backporchstories profile image79
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Beautiul poem by the way...  Your hub looks fine to me.  When we hubbers read other hubs we can flag them as inappropriate or too promotional...etc...  However, you hub looks fine.  I believe a hubber must of flagged your hub, for some unknown reason.  You will get an email and suggestions on how to fix the issue from the Hubstaff, if it were a real problem.  I would say, there are no worrys here.  The only thing that looks out of place, is the short poem compared to the number of ads!  I do not know what control we have over the ads, but that is something you can look into.

ashish04joshiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for appreciating the poem...however I was getting the warning even before publishing it.
      And about the ads you mentioned, I don't even have an AdSense account.
      Should I try and set the ads level in settings to low or medium?

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

This may just be a computer glitch.  I had a similar problem awhile back but for a different problem.  After I reworked many, many hubs, I found out it was a hub pages computer error.  Ask me if I was upset!!

working