jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you click on at least one ad on every hub that you visit?

1. remaniki profile image81
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

Do you click on at least one ad on every hub that you visit?

Should one click the ads on hub pages (others' hubs of course) only with the intention of making a purchase or in an effort to help fellow hubbers?

2. Suzie HQ profile image94
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

It is not something i have done, to be honest. Would be interested in answer's to this!

remanikiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nor have I. I am curious to find out the answer to this question.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

No, it is recommended and actively suggested that you do not click on other hubbers ads.It could be seen by Google as Hubpages playing the system.

Thanks very much Susan. I was totally in the dark about this, so wanted to know. I haven't done it so far and will not do so in future too. Thanks again. Cheers, Rema

4. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

An advertiser somewhere has paid for the click that you made.  The click that you made for the sole purpose of getting that advertiser to pay the hubber, not because you were interested in the ad or had any intention at all of possibly buying something.

That does not rank very high in my book of ethics.  Just above outright theft, in fact.

In addition, the value of ads on HP will inevitable fall as advertisers find that clicks from HP result only in a bill rather than some sales to go with that bill.

I get the point. This question was put just so there need not be any hubbers who do such an unethical deed. I have never done such a thing because I have thought of it as unfair. Thanks for the explanation.

Closed to reply

working