jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are the differences between HubPages answers and Yahoo answers?

1. rancidTaste profile image61
    rancidTasteposted 5 years ago

What are the differences between HubPages answers and Yahoo answers?

Both HubPages and Yahoo has question and answer part. But are the real differences between them? Which one is reliable? Which one is much more professional? And so? Can you express?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6837932_f260.jpg

2. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

Well for one thing, Yahoo answers seems to have a lot more spam and duplicate questions on it than HubPages does.  If you spend any length of time on Yahoo answers you'll quickly figure out which questions get asked over and over again. I have also seen my fair share of incorrect/joke answers on Yahoo. I believe that HubPages is more professional and more reliable.  It discourages copy/pasted answers and even allows a participant to turn an answer into a article.  And last but not least, HubPages allows you to earn money from the questions, whereas Yahoo answers does not.

3. rancidTaste profile image61
    rancidTasteposted 5 years ago

Thanks CWanamaker for your comment. Any more differences existed? Can anybody mention others also?

4. Lauryallan profile image79
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

HP answers don't seem to rank as well as Yahoo answers. Also because of this, you are likely to get less traffic from these questions and answers, whereas I have seen a lot of traffic from answers I have provided on Yahoo, especially where I have given a url to a website I own.

1. rancidTaste profile image61
      rancidTasteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lauryallan, you exactly mentioned the correct point. I was looking for this answer. Moreover, there is another difference but still I dont sure. So, I am waiting to find answers from other also...

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

In all honesty, I prefer HubPages answers due to getting reliable and fast information. On Yahoo! Answers, I found a lot of my questions unanswered and I really didn't enjoy the experience. My answers weren't commented on or argued, so I didn't feel like the community was engaging enough for my liking. The whole reason why I ask questions regularly on HP is because I like to see other people's opinions. And to prove this, I don't even get paid - I'm genuinely interested in answers, not being sent to an FAQ (which agreed, HP is guilty of a lot of the time) or another site with zero information.

working