jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

If yahoo answers was revenue sharing site?

1. creativeMind profile image47
    creativeMindposted 8 years ago

Hi everyone,

What would have been the outcome if yahoo answers was revenue sharing site?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Nothing, it would still be useless smile

1. brad4l profile image77
      brad4lposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lol, at least yahoo answers serves as a sort of honey pot for trolls, keeping some of them occupied and away from other sites...

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

And a useful way to create backlinks to our hubpages

1. Kidgas profile image80
      Kidgasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's a great idea.  I didn't think of that but then I'm just dense sometimes.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image47
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the club!  Search for answers requested and make an answer and a backlink for free - takes minimal time too... just remember to search for UNANSWERED questions...  that little tip will save you a ton of work if you're as dim as I was

1. creativeMind profile image47
          creativeMindposted 8 years agoin reply to this

isnt those links from yahoo answers nofollow ?

2. brad4l profile image77
        brad4lposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well the links are no-followed, so don't hold too much value in terms of rankings. It is more useful as a means of driving traffic...

1. Kidgas profile image80
          Kidgasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just answered a question that was highly appropriate.  It only took a few minutes.  I went back to look at the answer result, and the links are indeed no-follow (I am just excited to know what that means since 2 months ago I would have been clueless).  I will certainly take the traffic, tho.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

That is true, I did answer a question that fit one of my hubs and it was voted best answer. I didn't get all that much traffic from it though.

5. MontyApollo profile image59
    MontyApolloposted 8 years ago

Yahoo Answers also recently stopped hyperlinking urls unless you are level 2 or higher. Not being hyperlinked will deter some potential traffic, so if you are going to use Yahoo Answers put some effort into getting up to level 2.

All links are still no-follow though. The hyperlinking will just help traffic a tad.

6. dawei888 profile image60
    dawei888posted 8 years ago

I have had excellent luck answering questions on yahoo answers to drive traffic.

regarding ur question - i don't know of yahoo! being involved in any revenue sharing programs.

7. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

A lot of writing sites recommend Yahoo Answers as a way to get some traffic.  I've seen a little traffic from there; but then again, I only go on there occasionally if I think of it.  Over time you build up quite a few answers that never go away, and you have your profile (where you can post your info).  (If you're an adult and aim to give "legitimate" answers you do have to overlook a whole lot while you're there.  roll )

8. N. Ramius profile image79
    N. Ramiusposted 8 years ago

I looked but didn't see it. Does Yahoo have a problem with affiliate trackers thrown into the links?

working