jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Workaround for Yahoo Answers

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 years ago

I think I may have found a solution to the Yahoo Answers problem.

They may have blocked Hub links in your answer, but they still allow them on your profile.

I noticed someone else referring the questioner to her profile for more information.  Sure enough, I can post links in the 'About Me" section.

I couldn't work out how to post nice neat links rather than the whole clumsy URL, but that's better than nothing!

I can see things could get a bit unwieldy if you wanted to post links to a lot of Hubs, but perhaps if you focussed on answering questions about specific topics, you could just post the most relevant ones.

2. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 10 years ago

That's a cool solution, Marisa, thank you!

3. Lissie profile image79
    Lissieposted 10 years ago

Nice one - thank you!

4. Marisa Wright profile image99

Just an update - I made a new tracker to use on my Yahoo Answers profile.  So far, no results.  Looks like Yahoo Answers people can't be bothered going and checking on the profile!

However, I have discovered that it's possible to post a link to my blog as part of my signature.  No idea whether it will eventually get picked up as spam, but so far no problems and I've answered quite a lot of questions.

5. Apae profile image49
    Apaeposted 10 years ago

I think that if what you're saying actually is useful, it won't be considered spam.

6. Marisa Wright profile image99

Apae, Yahoo uses bots to detect spam, I can't imagine they're sophisticated enough to work out whether my answer is useful!  However, I have noticed that the length of answer makes a difference.   I got the old '999' response when I tried to post a short answer with a link in it.  So long as I write a couple of paragraphs, it goes through without a whimper. Just a pity it won't accept a HubPages link.

working