jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What happens if you click on an advertisement on your profile page accidentally?

1. Julie DeNeen profile image83
    Julie DeNeenposted 5 years ago

What happens if you click on an advertisement on your profile page accidentally?

I momentarily forgot I was on my own page, and I clicked on an ad because it was for Disney World and I wanted to see their offer (oops). Am I going to get in trouble? It wasn't on a hub, it was on my profile page.

2. wayseeker profile image92
    wayseekerposted 5 years ago

That has happened to me by accident.  I only did it once (though I think it's actually happened twice).  Nothing happened as a result.  My guess is they understand that people mis-click.  What they are looking for is folks who are systematically trying to manipulate the system.  Just be sure you don't do that, and all should be well!

1. Julie DeNeen profile image83
      Julie DeNeenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

OK thats what I thought....thanks!

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Don't worry about it. This is proof that ads work. If you are legitimately interested in the ad then there is no reason you shouldn't click on it. Hubpages only takes notice if you are clicking on lots of ads.

Misclicks happen so often that there is no way they could punish somebody for having a few clicks on ads on their own pages. I've done it an unfortunate amount trying to scroll on my laptop touchpad while waiting for a page to load.

working