jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is the Hub Hopper completely random?

1. nakmeister profile image80
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

Is the Hub Hopper completely random?

Does the Hub Hopper pick Hubs completely at random (from recently published hubs), or does it pick more of certain articles (such as from new hubbers)?

2. Cathleena Beams profile image72
    Cathleena Beamsposted 5 years ago

My guess is that it is completely random, but I'm really not sure.

3. MarleneB profile image96
    MarleneBposted 5 years ago

Good question and one that I would like to know for sure. But, from what I have read in the learning center, the hubs are completely random from recently published hubs.

4. jonsswagger1978 profile image59
    jonsswagger1978posted 5 years ago

Yes it is but, you can go and pick a category that you are interested in reading.

5. Kaili Bisson profile image100
    Kaili Bissonposted 5 years ago

Hi nakmeister, my understanding is that it is random, but perhaps one of the tech folks from HP can confirm?

6. msshandriaball profile image82
    msshandriaballposted 5 years ago

Great question I have been wondering the same thing.

7. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 5 years ago

To a degree, it focuses quite highly on newer hubs, ones that have been added more recently. This gives more focus to those that are adding hubs more frequently by default. After all it would be unfair to the active community if hubs years old from hubbers that haven't contributed in a long time were showing up too much.

8. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

It does seem to be random, but I've noticed that it favors the topics I'm following. When I was only following the Literature section I got a lot of poetry in the Hopper, but now that I'm following more topics my hops are on more subjects.

working