jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why doesn't HubPages report on referrals from Search Engines other than Google?

1. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

Why doesn't HubPages report on referrals from Search Engines other than Google?

I mean, there are others out there.

2. chasmac profile image97
    chasmacposted 5 years ago

It does.... doesn't it? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I can see referrals from Bing, Yahoo, etc. on my reports.

3. Kyricus profile image61
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

I only see them from google on the hubpage stats report, yet on my google analytics report, I see them from Yahoo and Ask. Maybe it hasn't updated yet, I did think it strange.

4. Au fait profile image93
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

These are listed under "my traffic sources" in the box on the left of my account page.

I see referrals from 6 of what I guess are search engines:  search.yahoo.com, bing.com, ask.com, search.aol.com, search.mywebsearch,com, isearch.avg.com, plus Google from 14 different countries. 

There are places like facebook and a few individual's addresses - not sure why some people's addresses show up but sometimes they do, and hubpages.  Plus people who come in through my profile page.  I've given that address out because it's easy for friends and relatives to remember.

I've clicked on the different referrals out of curiosity and been taken to various search engines, so I guess that's what they are.

5. Rui Carreira profile image88
    Rui Carreiraposted 5 years ago

I only see them from google... but I'm not using analytics so I can't know...

6. MyWebs profile image82
    MyWebsposted 5 years ago

HubPages does show referral stats from other search engines besides Google. There are two place to see this data. The first place is: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/traffic-sources

The second place is within each published hub by clicking on the 'Stats' button up top. You can see referral stats for the last day, week and month as well as within the keywords section.

Personally I get about 90% of my search engine traffic from Google. With the exception of a couple of my hubs which get a lot of traffic I typically receive little to no traffic from the other search engines since Google totally owns the search engine market. So.... unless your hub gets tons of traffic it is quite normal to only see Google showing up within 'Stats' > 'Keywords' in my experience.