jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Is it possible to make decent money off of Hubpages?

1. SportsBetter profile image79
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to make decent money off of Hubpages?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

If you're lucky enough to write something that goes viral, or you've got sixteen hours a day to do nothin' but backlink to your Hubs all over the Internet, then I guess the sky's the limit.

Realistically, you might earn enough for a 12 pack of beer after a few months..

SportsBetterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ha, that's where I am currently, making enough for a 12 pack

3. smithed profile image76
    smithedposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I've only been on Hubpages for less than two months and I've only made under $3 with 14 hubs. I ping and backlink them on several other sites. But, for me, writing hubs is more of a creative outlet and I'm not relying on this for an income. It sure would be nice, though, to make more.

Do you ping individual articles or your profile link? what kind of websites do you backlink to?

4. profile image60
    attainment3649posted 5 years ago

in the meantime someone is making millions from the hardwork that you put into your hubs.

That is true, but if I work really hard I could grow a following.

5. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

What is your idea of "decent money?"  The "average" Hubber makes $10 per month.  Maybe even less because new Hubbers  give up and leave because the big money they thought they would be making is not easily made.  Writing is not as easy as it seems.  When it comes to online writing to support or supplement your income, count on several writing projects just to make ends meet.  I have a writing background, but I don't envy today's online writers.  I am grateful that I have a pension that takes care of me.

Thanks.I haven't given up yet.  I do enjoy writing,it would be nice to make an extra $100 a month.My first month with Hubpages I made 1cent, after a lot of time and effort I am now making $10 dollars a month.I wanted to see the potential.

2. profile image0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good for you if you enjoy writing in the first place!  And if you have that "thick skin" that creative people must have to survive their  "critics," there you go!   Here is your base.  Everything else, you'll pick up.  Good luck to you!

6. LeanMan profile image87
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Your goal of $100 is easily achievable with a little effort, there are many people on here that earn far more than that when you combine their ebay, amazon and HP-Ads earnings.. I started writing here and I now earn my living online in just over 2 years, half of which I was offline for!

Sounds good. I will have to stick with it.

working