What is your method for Hubpages Backlink?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. deuxlai profile image59
    deuxlaiposted 13 years ago

Backlinks are important to build better search engine ranking. So what do you do when you are building backlinks to your hub?

Please share your exact method so everyone can learn.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ethical backlinks are a lot of work…, so I just decided to forget the whole thing. smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I doing backlinks. I mostly refer people to my hubs the easy way, thru my blog and facebook which helps a LITTLE.
        But reddit.com is best for me.
        I submit my link -from hubpages- and click, done.

They only let you submit like 1 every 20mins.

shetoldme.com I hear is good. I've started getting traffic from them. You join and can submit all you want. (See the link on my profile)

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you, paradigm.  A handful of ethical backlinks takes more time than writing the hub.  In the long run, I'm ahead by writing a couple more hubs than backlinking the one I just wrote.

I the information is good, hubs will backlink themselves, so to speak.  It just takes longer.

I like that wilderness. I HATE backlinking.

You what else I detest? Keyword lookup. It takes like 20 min for every hub and I just wanna Writeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

1. wilderness profile image94

I don't actually mind that part too much.  Sometimes it's interesting to see what is actually searched for, and occasionally I find a better phrase, even to me.

Also, writing is communicating; if I call it "purple dog poo" and everyone else calls it "doolittle glue", then I better do the same if I want them to understand me.

yikes! So yeah, keywords, gotta keep up w/ it smile

3. fayehelen profile image58
        fayehelenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hello, sorry, i am still pretty new to this. What do you mean by ethical backlinks? Which aren't ethical? (spamming... but im sure there is more to it than that?) thanks, smile

2. tritrain profile image71
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can get quality backlinks without abusing the system.

Leave thoughtful, interesting blog comments, for example.

I've written a couple Hubs that you may find useful.  smile

1. LindaJM profile image80
        LindaJMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Building a system to create ethical backlinks is essential if you want your writing to do well. I have a system for things I've written elsewhere and will use the same system here... one hub at a time. My system involves blogging and content writing sites, plus social bookmarking. I try to keep track of all my promotion efforts.

2. profile image49
    mkcbishopposted 13 years ago

you get paid for this? If so, how much a day?

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well , depends on how much you work at it each day - I for one have not had the time - but - before life crap happened I rolled quite well

3. deuxlai profile image59
    deuxlaiposted 13 years ago

Then what is the purpose of the 60 day challenge? The other 30 day is to build backlinking right? Or you just keep posting hubs and hope that some of the traffic come?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The 60 day challenge was a private group set up by one of our more successful hubbers, Sunforged. Not private exactly, as it was open to all hubbers. But once the group was formed and the start date set, that was it, no-one else could join in.
      It was quite a challenge to write 30 hubs in 30 days, then the group together went forward in a group promotion which is quite different to singly promoting your own hubs.
      The 60 day challenge was a huge learning experience for most of us who took part. That was only the second ever that has just been completed.
      I believe you thought it was a Hubpages promotion, and not a members' promotion. Perhaps you might like to reconsider the tags you have used in your 'challenge' hub when you are not part of the challenge.

1. deuxlai profile image59
        deuxlaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok will do. Sorry as it seems kind of complicated to me. When will be the next challenge?

There's a section of this message board for the 30 day challenge. You can join anytime, and start your 30 days. I started a few days ago.

4. Ipeoney profile image69
    Ipeoneyposted 13 years ago

submitting bookmark to technorati, digg, stumbleupon, delicious, reddit, xomba, and twitt etc. But it doesn't end there. You  have also to make friends or form a community when you get there just like in Hubpages. If just submitting bookmarks and do nothing, it will not help because almost no one will click your bookmark. This is the problem with free traffic, got to work for it. Hope this help.

I looked at Xomba a week or two ago - and wrote my first article there. Then I realized their links (even for bookmarks) are nofollow... so I've crossed them off my list of cool places to write articles for backlinks.

People are writing articles there and making money with AdSense... but I'd rather write for a place where I can get good backlinks AND make money with AdSense, know what I mean?

Most of my AdSense/Amazon success so far comes from sites I've set up in my niches... I've just started here at HubPages and am still waiting for my first evidence of income. Of course, I know it will happen soon enough.

5. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 13 years ago

Virtually none. I make some links here and there, but that's it.

I concentrate more on finding unique niches with little competition and using strong on-page SEO.  I'm not saying links are a waste or anything - they are important. It's just something I don't do much...and probably won't start doing routinely. More of a dislike for the tedious work than anything else.

If you do them, I would actually suggest going mostly for do-follow links, but would also remind people that no-follow links can still be important for drivng traffic/income to articles. No-follow doesn't mean the SE's will ignore them, it just means the supposedly will not use them to influence ranking.

Right here, right now, this minute, you can probably use an automated system and 'get away with it.'  I wouldn't use farms, blasters, and would actually avoid automaters.  Link juice today could be link poison tomorrow.

6. john@patatusfoam. profile image61
    john@patatusfoam.posted 13 years ago

I think backlinks are here to say for a while, but the ever growing genius of Google will constantly find ways to sniff out the more natural links.

Just write naturally, keep some aspects of SEO (keyword density, linking, etc) in mind, but don't go into writing something with SEO gain as the reason for it.  You have to write, and link, in the most natural way possible to not only get good results now, but in the future as well is how I feel.

7. American_Choices profile image76
    American_Choicesposted 13 years ago

Are backlinks from Hub to Hub real backlinks?  Or considered a lesser quality of a link?

1. wilderness profile image94

To google, links from HP to HP are not as valuable as from some other outside site.  To the reader traveling around HP looking, it makes no difference where they are from; I seriously doubt that most readers will ever realize that all of their visits were to the same site, i.e. HP.

2. Tarin profile image60
      Tarinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From Google Webmaster Tools it seems like Internal links count as once per the same domain.  So the first internal link would be about the same as a link from any other source.  Then you would get the diminishing return factor that you get from other links from the same domain.

However, Google Webmaster Tools also has an internal linking function but that counts a lot of random links rather than the contextual internal links that would show up on the normal backlinks per domain.

Backlinks from hubs are quality if they are contextual and are considered a unique link per domain like other lilnks from domains.  Otherwise they just go in the internal links pile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)