jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Are stories with explicit language permitted on Hubpages?

1. Ken S Harris profile image78
    Ken S Harrisposted 5 years ago

Are stories with explicit language permitted on Hubpages?

2. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

They are not permitted and will most likely get flagged as inappropriate. The same with explicit sexuality. We are supposed to keep our hubs at a PG rating, I think.

3. ThoughtSandwiches profile image81
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 5 years ago

hey Ken,

Yes, explicit language is allowed, however, you will find that your advertising on that particular Hub will be disabled for the effort.

4. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Have you though about submitting the stories to a literary fiction site?  Hubpages is a grab bag topic-wise. Fiction and poetry are allowed, but because the site is supported by ads, you can't write about certain topics or use certain words that violate the Google Adsense program policies.  Even if you disable the ads for that particular hub, the "inappropriate" content would still be on the Hubpages domain.

Ken S Harrisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have considered submitting the stories for publication elsewhere. Do you know any good places to submit? I'm familiar with Crazy Horse, Glimmertrain, and a few niche mags, but any insight would be most helpful! smile

5. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

No, you are not supposed to use explicit language. In a nutshell no sexually explicit writing and no excessive profanity. It is unprofessional and doesn't have a place at hubpages. This article from the learning center explains better what is not allowed. http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … ol-Content

Ken S Harrisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. The link was very helpful!

6. Ken S Harris profile image78
    Ken S Harrisposted 5 years ago

I appreciate everyone taking the time to post an answer. Thank you! This conversation has been most helpful! Happy hubbing!

7. Horatio Plot profile image82
    Horatio Plotposted 5 years ago

This guy's been here a while with no problem:

http://danielbing1.hubpages.com/hub/Onc … me-Totally

A little extreme, but I kinda like it.

working