jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

After how much time did you start receiving a lot of organic traffic?

1. diplorging profile image76
    diplorgingposted 5 years ago

After how much time did you start receiving a lot of organic traffic?

I am new at hubpages and I have only a dozen views from google. Is this normal or am I doing somethin wrong?

2. Learn Things Web profile image94
    Learn Things Webposted 5 years ago

It's normal at the beginning. Summer tends to be slow for Internet traffic as well.

1. diplorging profile image76
      diplorgingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, that's encouraging.

3. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

It is somewhat normal for newer hubbers to get less traffic from google at start. Over time you learn various SEO techniques that will help you rank higher and quicker in google. Sometimes its just your keywords being to saturated. Also it might be your topics aren't searched enough. Lots of factors go into how much traffic you get. In the start you will have to drive most of the traffic to you and as time goes on google traffic will pick up or it might never really come in. Within the last 24 hours I might have gotten 180 hits from "Google.com" but I have 50 from "Google.co.uk" then 40 from "Google.ca" and over time I have 4-10 hits from every single Google that makes up the overall incoming traffic! Just keep writing and try your best to promote your work and have some backlinks and if your lucky and the content is good then the traffic should come! (I personally have around 15 hubs that are well written and many have put comments and up voted etc but they don't get more then 10-20 views a month!)

4. passthejelly profile image79
    passthejellyposted 5 years ago

It usually takes about 2 weeks to a month for a hub I write to start getting a decent amount of google traffic.

5. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Traffic from Google can be very slow at first. If you are getting a few visitors from Google in the first few weeks after publishing a hub, that is a good sign. In my experience, it takes anywhere from a month to 6 months for organic traffic to pick up from google, and that's assuming the hubs are properly set up to do well (keywords, SEO, good content, etc.).

I have had hubs that picked up traffic very rapidly, but they were current topics and have since trailed off.