jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How is it that people who don't write any Hubs at all can be a part of HubPages?

1. hawaiianodysseus profile image83
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

How is it that people who don't write any Hubs at all can be a part of HubPages?

I'm not coming from an all-exclusive perspective here. I'm simply curious. Every now and then, I'll either get a comment from someone or come across a person's comment on another Hubber's article and check their profile. I then discover that they have all this hubtivity without having written one article. I didn't know that was permissible. Could some of you please enlighten me about what that's all about? Again, I'm not trying to offend those who do that...I am simply looking for answers. Thank you!

2. littlepiggy profile image60
    littlepiggyposted 5 years ago

I think you have to sign up for Hubpages in order to comment on hubs, follow writers, etc. So I'm sure there are loads of people out there that want to contribute to discussions and be notified when great new content is added, that don't necessarily want to write for Hubpages. A lot of readers want to get involved without becoming publishers themselves.

hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, littlepiggy. Your answer certainly enlightens me. I think that it's because of the work I've been doing as a writer that I've been focused on only one half of the equation. I'm really glad you helped me see the bigger picture.

3. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

People will join to comment and be able to be found. They do not realize that you can comment without joining. Some people will not take comments from people who are 'outsiders', some are even rude to outsiders. Commenting in forums is only available to members.
    I was on hubpages for about three months before I joined. I had some people who were very rude to me and to this day, I will have nothing to do with them. I just wanted to read and let the writer know that I appreciated their work. It has been easier since I joined but I would not have joined if I HAD to write.

Hi, Becky Katz! You fleshed out the answer to my question very well. I've experienced a lot of good things on HP thus far, so I'm sorry to hear about the disrespectful way in which you were treated. In light of that, I am very grateful for your input

4. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

Well, a person can sign up but take a very long time to get around to writing anything. 
    What I've been curious about, though, is how people without hubs have bunches of followers. 

Personally, I had a few hubs, unpublished them, and am still trying to decide which ones to keep.

Thank you, Starmom41, for your informative and respectful response to my inquiry.  I couldn't find the answer anywhere, and so I'm glad I took the risk of asking because I'm now received three very good answers. I'm sorry I missed your Hubs!

2. g37752 profile image74
      g37752posted 5 years agoin reply to this

"What I've been curious about, though, is how people without hubs have bunches of followers."
      hmm... i thought you would definitely know the answer youself..?

3. profile image0
      Starmom41posted 5 years agoin reply to this

@g37752:  first, as I said in my previous comment, I had hubs (20+), but temporarily unpublished them to figure out which to keep. second, I wasn't jabbing anyone, just wondering what followers follow when there's nothing there.

working