jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What advice do you have for getting the best results with Ebay capsules on Hubpa

1. Mitch Alan profile image82
    Mitch Alanposted 5 years ago

What advice do you have for getting the best results with Ebay capsules on Hubpages?

How can I best utilize Ebay capsules to increase revenue on my Hubs? traffic to my Hubs?

2. katyzzz profile image59
    katyzzzposted 5 years ago

Don't bother with them, that way at least you'll save yourself some time trying to get money which just does not come

3. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 5 years ago

I don't think I would rely on them to increase traffic but I do KNOW that revenue can come from them. I've learned that it is very important to have the capsule relate to the topic of the hub. For instance, your "Fun and Free Travel Games" hub would be a great place to put an Ebay ad for "Travel Checkers" or something.

Also, though you may not see as frequent of earnings from these capsules, the pay out is a larger lump than that of clicks in most cases.

4. Living Well Now profile image73
    Living Well Nowposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure how an eBay capsule will generate traffic to your hub. I would think good content, a little promotion and showing up in search would help with traffic.

Displaying product that's relevant to your subject helps. You get paid on a per click basis with eBay. I've seen some Hubbers put the eBay capsules on the left and interrupt the flow of text. I don't know if that helps. Use them to fill white space when another Amazon capsule won't do or use another text box (shaded) on the right with a couple of links to other affiliate programs you belong to.

From what I've read on the forums and my limited personal experience, the eBay program doesn't pay that much. Since the Amazon program pays a percentage of the selling price, you might be better off finding comparable Amazon products to list and ditch the eBay capsules.

5. srk4you profile image60
    srk4youposted 5 years ago

I don't do eBay here in HubPages. But in Squidoo, I have found it to be useful. Whenever you are promoting any products from Amazon, check if the same product is available at eBay (most probably, there will be).

So let's say a visitor comes and clicks to both Amazon and eBay. He may get intrigued by eBay product more because of various reasons like: free shipping, more warranty or even because of his desire to pay by PayPal (Amazon does not have PayPal option).

So, that's the point. In HubPages, your revenue won't increase by getting clicks. But in Squidoo, the lensrank increases with click-outs, which can ultimately mean the difference of over $40 for a single page.

working