jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you keep yourself motivated on the weekend?

1. Volitans profile image81
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

How do you keep yourself motivated on the weekend?

Going into the weekend, I always have ambitious goals. I want to write X number of articles, complete Y number of Hubs, finish Z number of household projects, and apply for B number of jobs.

But, by the time Saturday morning comes around, all I want to do is laze about and play silly Flash games. How do you keep yourself motivated during the weekend?

2. newcalendar profile image69
    newcalendarposted 5 years ago

I personally mix it up with 75% relaxation/gaming/reading/whatever else and doing other jobs inbetween that or when my friends stop texting for a while.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

The motivation I seem to need is to get away from HubPages and go do something else.

4. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Reduce your goals to one per day...get that done and then everything else is "gravy," so to speak.

5. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

Try and balance your work with your leisure. The necessities with the optional. Give yourself incentives, like a carrot and stick approach but be realistic.

For example I might say to myself - First I'll start a new hub, get the idea off the ground, then I'll knock off and go sit with a drink, do something with the family, go anywhere else.
    Once I'm satisfied I've got the hub under control I'll 'treat' myself and indulge.

Same principle with domestic stuff. My 93 year old mother needs her shopping done every week! I'm compelled to do that but I'll slot in some time for myself either the following afternoon or day.

Yeah I know it's tricky trying to fit so many things into a weekend - start with the basics and build up would be advice. Don't try to do too many things cos that's a surefire way of exhausting yourself!! Best of luck.

6. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 5 years ago

I am motivated to read and write Hubs all the time because I know I build stronger relationships with my followers and who I am following each time we read each others work. I also reward myself depending on what I have accomplished.

working