What other websites do you write on? Or is Hubpages your primary place to write

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. internpete profile image85
    internpeteposted 11 years ago

What other websites do you write on? Or is Hubpages your primary place to write online?

Do you write on other blogs or websites, or is hubpages the only place you write? What other places to you write for?

2. houseofjcjee profile image67
    houseofjcjeeposted 11 years ago

i have only been here in Hubpages for 3 months or so, but I am already writing for 3 years now. I get my clients from oDesk, Freelancer, and eLance. I also have my own food and travel blogs. Likewise, I am a part-owner of another website that promotes our province.

3. Angela Blair profile image68
    Angela Blairposted 11 years ago

Hubpages has been my primary writing site for nearly two years now -- and I still prefer it to all others. I've written for other sites (who shall remain nameless) in the past and for the most part was rather "ho-hum" about them. Hubpages has a living, breathing, community which is very supportive and I've received, literally, an education on many topics by reading what other Hubbers write. I've made a little money, not much, but then that's not been the prime purpose for my writing -- it's an added perk. The Hubpages community has been a huge drawing card for me and ranks right at the top of my "why do I love Hubpages?" list. Good question!

4. profile image0
    Eli Mooreposted 11 years ago

I'm in the process of developing my own blog that runs on Wordpress software. Buying web hosting and building a successful brand is a long and difficult process, but in the long run it pays off because you are given total control and ownership over it. I would only recommend this if you are obsessed with a particular category--such as politics.

5. Esrom Art profile image59
    Esrom Artposted 11 years ago

Until now, hubpages is the only website for me to write online. It because hubpages platform is easy for common people like me who did not know much about computer, html, ceo, etc... etc... which term that make me burn and headache. Hubpages is easy for me because just write and use capsule hehe... and also a place for me to practicing write in English (I am not English speaking :-p
    I have write 2 years in Hubpages and already got my first 100 dollars Google payment... I like it.

Maybe you can recommend a nice website to write as good as Hubpages. Any suggestion? Thanks

1. internpete profile image85
      internpeteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are a number of free blogging platforms. Google Blogger is one I like to use. There is also Wordpress and a few others.

Squidoo is somewhat similar to Hubpages, but I like Hubpages much more.

6. WD Curry 111 profile image59
    WD Curry 111posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6936756_f260.jpg

I mainly write for print. I like getting paid by the word. I am only supplementing my income with it, though. I don't land enough gigs to make a living. That's cool. I am a working artist and between the two I squeak by. I just started writing on a start up site by some young, local visionaries with a production company. Pure Ocean TV.com. They will hit full stride in a couple of years. Don't tell them I said that, they think they are already there. Isn't youth grand? I almost feel young again just being around them.

It's nice to fish, surf, scuba, sail, explore and eat for a living, right? http://pureoceantv.com/

So far HP has been a bust other than the experience and relationships. You can say I cut my teeth here. In that regard, it has been of great value. Man does not live by $ alone.

By the way, I designed the logo.

7. profile image0
    i4uposted 11 years ago

Hubpages has been the best experience really. Whenever I get time I try being at hubpages mostly. Other sites would be squidoo, ezinearticles recently.
    They are quite tough on the content publishing but are good sites to publish articles as well. I also have begun my own personal site so i stick to it too as my blog. Well online writing for fun would be at mylot too but its not a place for articles. Its just for the discussions and in the planet everything talking area.
    Good luck trying them all out and at hubpages too.
    Best wishes!

8. bernard.sinai profile image79
    bernard.sinaiposted 11 years ago

I use WordPress, Blogger, Live Journal and recently I joined Squidoo.

1. houseofjcjee profile image67
      houseofjcjeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have heard of Suquidoo many years ago but I cannot understand how I can earn from writing "lenses". Does it work like Hubpages?

2. internpete profile image85
      internpeteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yes, Squidoo is similar to hubpages. The lenses are just another name for article, like hubpages hubs.

9. Gamerelated profile image72
    Gamerelatedposted 11 years ago

I come to HubPages when I feel like writing an article about something that I am passionate about.  When the inspiration comes to me I turn it into a Hub.  At times when I am not inspired to write anything specific, I just go to Webanswers and try to help people by answering their questions.  I usually try to answers questions about technology.  There are also times when I want to be creative and write without the constraints or pressure of being judged, making money, being edited, having to write a certain number of words, or worry about comments from people.  When I am in that mood I usually post things on my Tumblr.  I usually post photos on Tumblr with just a few lines of captions and nothing else.  I also rant and free write on my Tumblr.  Tumblr is where I go when I want to write with no restrictions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)