jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Gigantic drop in traffic

1. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

Gigantic drop in traffic

Anyone else noticed this?  Traffic seems to be dropping day by day at quite an alarming rate and I'm extremely curious as to why this is happening.

2. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

I've been reading people talk about this so I beleive it's happeneing to several people.  I don't consider myself to get a lot of traffic so mine fluctuated by maybe about 3-4 people each day. 
    Granted, I'm new and don't have as many hubs as a lot of people.  I read that a couple people were losing views in the 100s.  They were attributing that to a new Google Panda update I think, which was released July 25.  I'm not all that familiar with that.

sparksterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hmm Panda was released February 2011 and my traffic has steadily increased since then up until now so I don't think that's the problem. This week my traffic seems to be down by several hundred views per day!

2. nmdonders profile image83
      nmdondersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just did a quick Google search and it says there was some refresh on Panda on June 25 but that it only affected less than 1% of sites/pages.
      But that is what I've heard, several hundred page views for some people.  Sorry to hear.

3. sparkster profile image93

You'd think that Google would want to prevent drops in traffic considering that they run the Adsense program which so many people use.  A drop in traffic for Adsense users also means a drop in income for Google!

3. ChristyWrites profile image83
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

I'm glad you brought up this topic sparkster as I also found it this week! Several hundred down as well. The pay is still pending on my account for the last three days (I assume same for all hubbers) and I am worried that pay will be down this week.

As the Penguin update happened a while ago I don't understand the recent changes... I actually thought it was just me and was envisioning having to start going through old hubs to strengthen them further...

Do you think it might have to do with the changes coming to the look of our profile pages at HP?

I think it's related somehow to the 'pending' status on our earnings, now that they have been updated my traffic appears to be returning to normal!

2. ChristyWrites profile image83
      ChristyWritesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

okay thanks, I will keep my eye on it!

working