jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why are we not allowed to put links in our, "Bio" section on the new profile?

1. securityproducts3 profile image41
    securityproducts3posted 5 years ago

Why are we not allowed to put links in our, "Bio" section on the new profile?

If you are outraged by this, please write in to Hubpages. Many writers constantly strive to write quality unique content (all while never spamming) with the added benefit of receiving a slight SEO benefit with anchor text. Let's bring this feature back!!

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

The new bio and why the various alterations were coming was explained when the changes were first announced on the HubPages blog back in May of 2012.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2012/05/new-profile-design/

If you didn't like the proposed linking scheme, how come you didn't complain or make your case for keeping them back in May?  Or in June?  Or in July?  Why wait for the new layout to launch and then complain after the fact?

1. lone77star profile image84
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If your life revolves around Hub pages, you might do something like this, but I don't have time to read everything I receive from HP. When I become aware of something wrong, I speak up. This sounds wrong!

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dear relache, thanks for the information, I just read it. But I didn't see how I can change my profile page. Is it done automatically?

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Hi there! I as well as  sen.sush23, who posted a question on this, are wondering how come some people got a new profile page and we didn't. Is there a procedure we must follow?

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Garifalia; if you click on the profile page of someone who has changed to the new format such as securityproducts3, you will see a link saying 'Upgrade My Profile'. Click on that and it will take you to the Edit Profile page for the new template.

4. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I guess to keep people on hubpages and to avoid outside solicitors.

5. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

I am very sympathetic to securityproducts question. I actually like the new profile layout except in this one important regard. I like to have the opportunity to group several hubs with a similar theme together with a link on my profile to a 'home page' or 'home hub' specifically for that group of hubs. At present (with the old style profile), I can do this. For example I can link on my profile to a hub which acts as a home page for all my articles on Astronomy, and another which acts as a home page for all my Travel Articles and another for my Film Reviews etc. Visit my profile if you want to see how this works. It seems it will not be possible to do this under the new profile layout.

I can appreciate danielabra's point, but I feel it should be possible to use the bio (or another section) to link to a hub page of the kind I describe. It is the only aspect of the new layout I dislike, but it is currently stopping me from taking the plunge and adopting the new format.

working