jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are there any Hubbers finding it difficult to come up with things to write?

1. belleart profile image88
    belleartposted 5 years ago

Are there any Hubbers finding it difficult to come up with things to write?

I have about 30 Hubs, and I do still have more in mind but I'm sure after a while I'l be going blank!  How are people dealing with this, if at all?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not too much. There is always something interesting out there that I haven't discovered yet.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

brainstorm.  Pick a single area of interest and pretend you have no real knowledge about it.  What questions would you ask? I'll use one of my hobbies for example - soapmaking.  Questions that come to mind just off top of my head.  How is it made? Is it easy to do? Can you make gifts out of it? What kinds of soap are there? Is it good for your skin? Where can I find a good tutorial? How do I add color to it? How do I make it smell good?

See? it's easy to come up with ideas.  Move from subject to subject and ask questions, which you can then pull ideas from and create hubs.

4. tillsontitan profile image86
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

Everybody hits a wall once in a while.  You think there's nothing left for you to ever write about, but there is.  Walk away.  Read a book, watch some TV, talk to some friends...maybe even read a newspaper...and surprisingly something will come to you.  Someone will say something or you'll read something and voila, it'll be there.
    Read other hubs when you're not writing and read other questions on hub pages, there may be ideas there for your to write about.  Never give up, its just a dry spell and it will end, I promise.
    If you get really, really stuck and think I can help, contact me and I'd be glad to try.

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

I have far, far too much to write about. I come up with dozens of ideas every day.

If you ever find your well going dry, simply prime the pump by writing about anything in your environment. Write about the keyboard you're using. Write about the monitor you're viewing. Anything! Once you do a few of these exercises, you well will be gushing with ideas.

I did this as an artist many years ago, when I had a one-person gallery showing of my artwork. I needed to come up with a certain number of canvasses and found myself with painters-block. Drawing a few things in my environment opened the floodgates, and I've never lacked for ideas since.

6. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

When I get stuck, I google: e.g.'what women love reading about' 'what interests teenagers nowadays', for instance. You can also try reading the following:
    http://rfordin.hubpages.com/hub/What-to-Hub-About

7. Daniella Lopez profile image93
    Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I go through a period in which I seem to have a massive brain fart (excuse the flatulence) when it comes to writing. Usually when this happens, I start talking to the people around me. I'll ask my husband, my parents, my friends things like what is going on in the world that interests them at the moment. Usually after discussing with them politics, religion, etc. I eventually find some sort of something to write about.

working