jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do Google views increase over time?

1. Omnivium profile image77
    Omniviumposted 5 years ago

Why do Google views increase over time?

I heard that Google views will increase a lot after 6-12 months, but why? What changes and suddenly causes people to view hubs more?

2. Judi Bee profile image96
    Judi Beeposted 5 years ago

It's not that people want to view your hub more, it's that Google gives them that opportunity.  The theory goes that as time goes on, your hub will rise in the search rankings and will hopefully make it on to page one and, if you are lucky, the top spot on page one. 

People generally click on results on the first page, so if your hub isn't listed there, they won't see it.  Of course, you've more chance of reaching the top spot if you have researched your keywords well and used them in your hub title and the body of the text and if you have researched the competition.  The title "Dogs" is never going to get you on to page one - but something like "Best dog breeds for people in small apartments" might (I haven't researched that btw - it's just a random title!).  As time goes by, a good quality hub should keep climbing the rankings and thus get more Google views. 

That's the theory, anyway!

3. A K Turner profile image75
    A K Turnerposted 5 years ago

because it takes that long for people to find your hub, basically part of the way google works is the more people click on it the higher it goes on the rankings. After six months enough people have clicked on it to bump it up the rankings. If it is on a rarer topic, it will get there faster for example I posted an article for my new magazine on my blog, google keywords "Dark Places Magazine" I think it is on the first page already, because it is most relevant.

4. WryLilt profile image91
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Google judges content on things like:

--How long people stay on page, if they click the back button, how many backlinks it has, how old it is.

Those things change with time, and hence your rank in Google does too.

5. ShootersCenter profile image73
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I agree with Judi Bee, it's aging your materials. I was told before I ever started that it takes 2-3 years for your materials to age enough to show up on Google rankings. I've found this to be true, plus the more original content and photos the better it'll rank.