jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why have my views abruptly stopped completely since the hubpages update?

1. PickingProfits profile image75
    PickingProfitsposted 5 years ago

Why have my views abruptly stopped completely since the hubpages update?

I have published 30 hubs and generally get minimum one view per hub per day, but several get on average over 4 views per day. One was getting about 27 per day. Within the last 3 days traffic has slowed down. In the last 24 hours I have 3 views. What is going on?

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

I don't know, but I am curious about everyone's input. I have heard a lot of people talking about their views being lower. Was there a recent HubPages update? What was it? I have over 200 hubs, and my daily totals of views are about 30% less than normal--for the past several weeks.

I've wondered if it was because it's summer time, or the weather has been so hot, or it's back-to-school time. I wish I knew.

I would love some input on this question, too. Great question, PickingProfits!

3. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

Mine came to a stop also but today 8-19-12 they started up again, so all is good in Hubville.

The question I have is are page views arbitrary . . . after all how would anyone prove that they are accurate?

4. g-girl11 profile image79
    g-girl11posted 5 years ago

I've been wondering about the whole subject of "views", too.  I have had instances where I have two comments on a hub, yet have zero views.   How can that be?  Is there a certain amount of time someone must be on a page for it to count as a view?

1. kittyjj profile image71
      kittyjjposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Normally, the traffic statistics is updated every 70 minutes or longer.  But you can see the comments once the people submit them.  So my guess is that you received the comments before the time for traffic statistics update.

2. g-girl11 profile image79
      g-girl11posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks kittyjj-I didn't realize that. Makes perfect sense.

5. kittyjj profile image71
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

My page views seem normal for the past few weeks.  It has been gradually increasing.  But based on the information from other hubbers, who have been with Hubpages more than a year, it is normal to have irregular pattern of page view.  That's why we should focus on average of monthly views instead of daily views.

working