jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would you ever delete a hub?

1. Rev. Akins profile image75
    Rev. Akinsposted 5 years ago

Would you ever delete a hub?

I have some hubs that are just hopeless, wrote them at the beginning and now I am wondering if it would not be better to write others and delete these. I understand the passive income concept, but I do not think these will ever earn more than a few dollars... Given years or even decades. :-)I

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image62
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

If you have put time and effort into trying to improve a Hub and it's not helped and you know that you could replace it with something better, deleting is the best option.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

If you decide to delete a hub, I would recommend making a copy of it to keep, just in case you want it later. I deleted a hub that never got many views, it was a hub about hubbing, which is not usually much of a draw from google. But now I kind of regret that I didn't at least keep a copy of it, it did capture my feelings and opinions as a beginning hubber.

I have a couple of other hubs I may delete eventually, but I will keep a back up copy. Some hubs I thought were hopeless actually picked up quite a bit after some title tweaks.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have deleted two that were getting no views. I still believe in them as poetry type pieces but they weren't the type of thing that does well here.  So off they came.

5. bridalletter profile image80
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

You can update them with new information, improve tags and summary, add a video. I am not sure I would delete a hub when you can modify it.

6. The Invincible profile image62
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

I may delete one if it doesn't appeal to me. However, I practice making a copy of those that I delete.

7. profile image93
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 5 years ago

I would never delete a hub that I wrote. I have one hub (in fact the first hub I ever wrote) that has only one hit, but despite that I would never delete it. I guess it depends on what types of hubs you write and why you write them (I write them for me as I enjoy writing). Use the experience of those hubs to spur you on to better and bigger things. Perhaps unpublish them and then think about how you could improve them.

You can always ask the excellent community here for some feedback on the hubs you don't like, you may find that other people like the hubs you don't!