jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would posting an article to authorsden.com hurt my hub score and google rank?

1. RyanBuda profile image90
    RyanBudaposted 5 years ago

Would posting an article to authorsden.com hurt my hub score and google rank?

I considered using other websites to promote my writing. One such website is authorsden. I thought about posting an article or two there to see if it would help my internet exposure. But as I was doing it, I realized that I was simply  duplicating my content. Does Google and Hubpages hurt users for doing that? are there any exceptions?

2. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

No, you are not allowed to post duplicate content. You will be penalized by Google and be asked to take it down if Hubpages catches it. It is against the rules of the site. What you can do, which is a great idea, is to post a related post with a link to Hubpages. Don't make it the same, but either mention the hub, or do a similar-themed article with a link to Hubpages.

3. Gamerelated profile image85
    Gamerelatedposted 5 years ago

It is against HubPages policy to duplicate content.  Google will also penalize you for duplicating content.  Your best bet is to write something related and then link back to articles that are here on HubPages.  You could also write summaries of your article on a micro-blogging site like Tumblr and then post links back to here. 

Google also tries to detect if you are linking to yourself.  There are a lot of people that just build a bunch of fake pages and fake accounts everywhere for the purpose of creating backlinks.  Google is always trying to reward people who get organic links and penalize people who are just linking to themselves. 

I am not saying that you shouldn't link back to your articles.  You should try to get as many quality backlinks as possible.  You can pursue a short term strategy of trying to creates some backlinks and a long term strategy of trying to get organic backlinks. 

Your best bet for getting organic backlinks is to network with other bloggers that are in your niche.  Be a part of that community and it is highly likely that a blogger in your niche will find one of your articles interesting and they might link their readers to it or use one of your articles as a reference.

4. kittyjj profile image72
    kittyjjposted 5 years ago

I heard the news the other day that Google is taking up another step closer on taking down all the duplicated contents on the internet.
    I agreed with Gamerelated that writing summaries of your hubs and posting them with links to your hubs on the other websites is better.

5. RyanBuda profile image90
    RyanBudaposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys! I could feel that something seemed wrong when I was doing it. I appreciate the confirmation and input.

working