jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think of the new Hub Hopper?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

What do you think of the new Hub Hopper?

I personally don't like it. I used to comment on the hubs I visited as a way of self-promotion and making friends but now that feature has been taken away.

2. LillyGrillzit profile image79
    LillyGrillzitposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3571629_f260.jpg

I agree with your assessment JakeFrost.

HubHopping seems to have evolved into a robotic, generic feed, English Teacher.

This teacher seems welcome perfect data, without leaving much room for unique content, or creativity.

With this new HopHopping system, it is simple for Hubbers to submit data directly from text books, other publications and business pamphlets, which will all be rated at 100%.

Taking published information, and republishing it on HubPages,  is against HubPages Terms of Service, but with tens of thousands of Hubbers submitting oceans of Hubs, it will become impossible for HubHoppers to help with quality control.

It is already difficult to stop Hubbers from taking content from other's Hubs.

Unique content for newbie writers, struggling writers, youngsters, and the wildly creative will probably be rated much lower.

This new format has removed the personal touch from HubHopping. In the past, this was a way I found new writers, and found newbies to assist.

I am not what I consider fancy, nor do I put on airs. Language works when it communicates.

I enjoy pushing language, and it's use to the limits, and beyond. I love writers who are frivilous with language use, especially when they weild their words well. The new HubHopping format feels more like English Gramar, and Puncuation lessons, than a way to "help out the Hub Community"

Things change. This is life.

1. JakeFrost profile image60
      JakeFrostposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you think that with enough people not liking the new hopper that they would put it back, or at least add the comments box. I came across someone earlier and I had to comment, I left the hopper to find the hub manually, which took some time...

2. LillyGrillzit profile image79
      LillyGrillzitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

JakeFrost, HubPages has always been in tune with the Hub Community, and if traffic drops from HubHopping, or the desired results did not occur, yes I am sure they will make more changes.

3. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

At the head of the new hopper there is the option of switching to the old interface so you have a choice of using the new hopper or the old.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I don't like it. But then I never had much use for the "old" Hub Hopper much either.

4. Nesbyte profile image86
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

You can still use the old version. Apparently they listened to us. Just click on the HubHopper and on the left hand side you'll have an option to use the "classic hopper".

5. mismazda profile image62
    mismazdaposted 5 years ago

I hate it, I used to do the same as you , but now I dont even use it..they need to change it back to the old way...I really do not think a lot of Hubbers are using it..we are her to write not literally critique others writing as if we are English teachers..

working