jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

A hubber you respect has written a hub with multiple errors in grammar, punctuat

1. lrc7815 profile image91
    lrc7815posted 5 years ago

A hubber you respect has written a hub with multiple errors in grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Do you tell them?  If you cannot message them privately do you tell them in the comments of the hub?

2. Thundermama profile image89
    Thundermamaposted 5 years ago

I appreciate all comments and feedback so I would say yes. If I have missed something In the editing process and someone catches it for me it just makes my hub better and shows me they have read it closely.

3. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

If I've seen their better work which is free from errors and see the new one has many I think they would want someone to ask them what happened. I know I would. We are here to learn.

lrc7815posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Thundermama and Dian Lee!  I agree with both of you.  I would want to be told too.

4. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Flag it and let admin sort it out with them.  That's their job after all.

lrc7815posted 5 years agoin reply to this

relache - that's another good option.  I am conflicted. I know this writer is so much better than this one piece.  I wanted to tell them privately but there is no option to private message.  I'm not comfortable commenting publicly on the hub.

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Flagging it will bring it up to admin for review and any messages the author receives will just come from the moderators.  Poor spelling/grammar/punctuation is ranked down by Google, so it's worth reporting.

Closed to reply

working