jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What does it mean when my own HP address appears in Traffic Sources as referring

1. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

What does it mean when my own HP address appears in Traffic Sources as referring people to my pages?

On the Traffic Sources page, my own HubPages address appears as a site referring people to my pages.  As an example, the number for the past 24 hours is 21.  Is that me visiting my own hubs or are those people clicking on my referral codes?

2. Becky Katz profile image85
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

That is probably people going to your profile page and looking for hubs to read and then going to them. I know I looked at several last night. I am not going to guarantee that but that is what is logical.

cam8510posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Becky Katz, That is what I hope too.  Always looking for more numbers.  Thanks.

2. Becky Katz profile image85
      Becky Katzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong information. Those are from you visiting.  Every time you comment, or answer a comment, it shows as you visiting. I am really sorry about giving you the wrong information. I thought you meant the Google traffic source

3. cam8510 profile image96

I liked your other answer better.  I'm deleting the last one.  haha.  thanks for clarifying.

3. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

It means people are clicking the following:

-Links you've created from one hub to another.
    -"Group" links at the bottom of the hub, showing other hubs you've written.
    -"Related hubs" if your own hubs show up there.
    -Links on your profile.

Thank you for the information WryLilt.  That helps me understand what's going on with my pages.

working