jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How often does one need to test and republish "broken" links? When is enough tes

1. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 5 years ago

How often does one need to test and republish "broken" links? When is enough testing enough?

One of my best hubs has two links that regularly are marked as "broken." Almost every day this week I have gone into edit mode and tested them. They pass the test each time and I republish. The next day they are marked again as potentially broken. I know the easy answer is to just remove the links, but they provide important information for readers. Does it hurt my score for the hub if I only "fix" the links about once a week instead of every day?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it. Hubpages will let you know and it is no big deal.

3. ikechiawazie profile image59
    ikechiawazieposted 5 years ago

I think it might affect your score but have you thought of checking other links that have similar information to the one you have. Although they are important to the readers but if at sometime the links cannot be assessed by the reader, then it defeats its purpose.

4. Nesbyte profile image88
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

It shouldn't matter if Hubpages thinks they're broken. As long as they do actually work it's all good. Just ignore them until Hubpages stops pestering you.

working