jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Are you using instagram to promote your hubs!

1. alifeofdesign profile image91
    alifeofdesignposted 5 years ago

Are you using instagram to promote your hubs!

2. Kate Mc Bride profile image86
    Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years ago

I'm not because I don't have an iphone and I don't know anything about it.Good luck with it if it is good for promoting your hubs:-)

1. carol7777 profile image90
      carol7777posted 5 years agoin reply to this

what is it?

3. peachpower profile image59
    peachpowerposted 5 years ago

I am not, mostly because my phone is not smart. It is, in fact, very stupid... I mean ZERO internet, no camera, nothing. smile)) This is due to the fact that I have the Hades touch when it comes to cellular devices. I am not to be trusted. I even break other people's phones!!

But, instagram sounds like a good idea. Are you using it?

1. LetitiaFT profile image84
      LetitiaFTposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My six week old laptop just died and the email on my desktop konked out today. I can relate.

2. peachpower profile image59
      peachpowerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

that. is. the. worst. man, i'm sorry to hear it... can't live WITH the dang electronics, can't live WITHOUT them, either. sigh.

4. jellygator profile image92
    jellygatorposted 5 years ago

No, but I wouldn't mind hearing more if people are using it.

5. mio cid profile image46
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

I would be if you would tell me how to do it.

alifeofdesignposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, all, for responding. Looks like a Hub pertaining to Instagram is needed....PeachPower and LetitiaFT, I'm sending you both some good techo-ZEN! Thanks for the smiles. Best Regards, Graham

2. peachpower profile image59
      peachpowerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha!! Thank you, alifeofdesign... I believe we're in desperate need of it!

6. missa72542 profile image95
    missa72542posted 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm not familiar with using instagram period, much less to promote my hubs. Would be interesting.

7. Norman Stein profile image60
    Norman Steinposted 5 years ago

No, I find that, for the most part, social media users, especially from a social media site driven by images (pretty pictures), have a very short attention span, and maybe they'll click on a pretty picture but once they see a wall of words will just leave.  There may be some traffic, but certainly not quality traffic. 

I've seen some people at work use it, generally they just look at the pictures and that's it.  They generally just use it to look at pictures and kill some time.

If I'm going to use social media I'll stick to ones that may at least deliver some traffic that results in a click here and there.

I generally promote with xomba, folkd, reddit etc..  even if I get no traffic, I'll still get some link juice from them.

If anyone is having success with it I'd like to know, I personally don't see it worth the time and effort.

alifeofdesignposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you feel the same way about Pinterest, Norman?

working