Does accolades determine the success of a hub?

1. alvairs profile image62
    alvairsposted 5 years ago

Does accolades determine the success of a hub?

What is your thought?

2. snoblet profile image84
    snobletposted 5 years ago

I don't think it should, it might be a way to measure your own success and for others to see your participation in Hubpages.  But when you put up hubs you are relying on people searching you out on search engines whether you have accolades or not.  Hubpages can't make search engines find you first just because you have more accolades, its your content and which search engine you plan to target since they all have different algorithms.  Some people I know here don't participate much but their views per day is still pretty high, as long as you are putting out topics that people online want to search for than you'll be successful in views.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

I would say success of a Hub is determined by whether people are reaching your Hub when they use a search engine, and whether Google crawlers are finding it. Then you get traffic, exposure, etc. And this is determine to great extent on Keywords (words in the Hub which turn up in search engine search results). Of course, if not talking about traffic, then if a Hub is good in terms of quality, then that is what is significant. But I'm assuming this question is addressing the issue of traffic. I think Accolades are good though, because I think it indicates participation in the Hubpages community, which does affect Hubber score, which in turn affects whether Hubs are indexed in the search engines.