What most fundamentally makes up a hubscore of 100?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image91
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 11 years ago

What most fundamentally makes up a hubscore of 100?

YAY!!!!!! I've just achieved a hubscore of 100 for the first time!! It was great to see after reaching 99 a couple of times, and I feel genuinely a sense of triumph and pleasure at this accolade. But ...

Is this an accolade of which one should be proud? Does it measure something significant? Is it a cause for great celebration and dancing in the streets?

Or is it just a figure which is coincidental of several perhaps unimportant factors coming together at the same time? Is it a case of ignore it, because the 100 will be here today, but  gone tomorrow?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

Most fundamentally, a score of 100 is made up of a numeral one and two zeros, placing the numeral one on the left of two zeros. If you place the one to the right of the two zeros, you get an early predecessor of James Bond.

Greensleeves Hubsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well I ain't giving you the best answer accolade for that one, but it did make me laugh!

2. alancaster149 profile image76
      alancaster149posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That would have to be Ian Fleming. D'you think if we resuscitated him he'd write for Hub-pages?

3. profile image0
      supreme upbeatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

what a joke !

3. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Greensleeves!  Oh most definitely an utterly significant accomplishment here on Hubpages.  Having a perfect 100 hubber score means you have achieved the utmost approval of Hubpages, which is only bestowed upon the best of the very best.  You have reached a super stardom status as a hubber.  A perfect 100 hubber score is a badge of excellence here on Hubpages, that mediocre hubbers, such as myself, can only dream of... to dream, the impossible dream...

Now, go dance in the streets.  I'm happy for you.... really.  smile

Aw thanks Rosie; that's a beautiful comment and compliment. So does it mean that fellow hubbers have to bow and curtsey when they meet me? I wouldn't want to get ideas above my station, but I'd like the proper etiquette to be observed  LOL :-)

4. alancaster149 profile image76
    alancaster149posted 11 years ago

Well ain't that just swell! Here I am bumpin' along on an average of 71 and this Essex Man goes and hits the Jackpot!
    Still, I'll carry on whacking out these pages - sniff - and one day - sniff - maybe someone will think one of mine - sniff, sniff - worth the accolade.
    (Where's that box of Kleenex... someone... anyone?)
    No, really, congrats Greensleeves! Maybe I should knock out some fllm Hub-pages and see how they do? (How about if I just slip the odd $20 bill through the system... Hey, there's a hole here, d'you think it's for bungin' bribes?)

Thanks alancaster - but wait a mo'. I see you're on 98 for a hubber score. That's nearly 100 so you're not exactly dragging your feet. I've not seen any posts from HubPages staff requesting bribes so not sure that's the best way to get the extra 2 !

2. alancaster149 profile image76
      alancaster149posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Highest one at the moment on my account is 89.

3. Greensleeves Hubs profile image91

My hubs are currently between 68 and 92. But - now it's my turn to cry - I woke up this morning to find my hubber score has dropped back from 100 to 97. It lasted all of 2 days. What did I do wrong!! :-) Oh well - back to normal hub life for me.

5. Greensleeves Hubs profile image91
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 11 years ago

Well my 100 score lasted a whole two days. It fell back to 97 overnight. So now I'm in  a state of mourning for my lost glory, and a book of condolences has been opened.

Seriously, isn't it strange how hubber scores (and scores for individual hubs) rise and fall so dramatically? I've read lots of posts about hubscores (and Rosie2010's 'hubber score' link brings up some interesting pages), but nobody seems to be able to come up with a totally comprehensive picture as to the relative importance of the key points which cause such rises and falls. Perhaps it's just too complicated with too many variables to figure out a particular case.

6. Maanasi profile image63
    Maanasiposted 11 years ago

Congrats on the century ! With some amount of efforts by writing on topics that will pique the interest of fellow hubbers and others and also by may be promoting your hubs via google+,fb, twitter u might just be able to hang on to the beautiful number for more than the few days you are hoping for. Good luck to U!

My thanks Maanasi; The 100 score has already dropped - then risen back to 100 - then dropped again! It's currently at 97, but clearly these stats vary and we'll see how it goes! It's always nice to see it rise, whatever the significance. Thanks again

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I have been as high as 98 several times. Have no idea what it takes to get the other two points. I must have missed the free throws before the buzzer blew.

I've been similar with a top score of 97, but till recently I hadn't contributed much to Q & A and Forums, devoting all my time to hubs. I've been a bit more involved recently in the 'community' and maybe that added the last few points in my case

8. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Congratulations for your big achievement. Stay there.

9. profile image0
    supreme upbeatposted 11 years ago

Congrats   ,what you have achieved achieved skilfully now try to  resume it and increase it day by day.Share your experience .

10. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

Well, a huge congratulations for a huge accomplishment.  I've been here over 2 years and my highest score so far has only been a 95.  So, yes to your question.  This calls for a big celebration.  You are  doing everything right.  And I'd love to know you're secret smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)