jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

A bunch at the same time or one by one?

1. Nesbyte profile image86
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

A bunch at the same time or one by one?

If you have a bunch of hubs ready to be published, what do you think is the best way to publish them? 7 hubs in one day or 1 hub every day for a week?

2. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

Personally I have found that the best tactic is to publish them one by one and allow a bit of time for each one to receive traffic.  You could publish them in one day but if I did I would allow an hour or so between each one otherwise the newer hubs will steal most of the traffic from the older ones.

3. missolive profile image96
    missoliveposted 5 years ago

Personally, I do not think it necessarily matters. I have published 8 hubs on the last 2 days of the month for the last 4-5 months. This is primarily due to deadlines, my primary occupation (education) and the care of my son (autism) and family.

If I could identify one disadvantage, it would be the HubPages community that follows me may not get a fair chance in seeing, reading or commenting on them. Although I highly value their input and support, the primary goal of successful online writing is for Google to index the Hub and have it effectively ranked for all readers on the web. Those factors are affected by a searchable title, sub-title, a clear and concise summary and comprehensive content - not timing. (in my opinion and experience)

Although, I guess it could depend on the audience and the purpose of the Hub. I used to write HubPages tutorials and community related Hubs. I would space out the publication of those types of hubs instead of lumping them together. This will give your readers and Topic followers a chance to see them as they pass through the feed.

Best wishes on your online writing success, MissOlive / Marisa

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I never have this problem cuz I never have time to publish more than one or two Hubs in a week's time, but... I could be wrong but I imagine that if you dump too many Hubs into the system at the same time you might be mistaken for a spammer. Might be better off to release them one or two at a time over the space of a couple of days.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 5 years ago

In the long run, it doesn't matter. But, I believe, since the initial views come from fellow Hubbers, it might be better to stagger them so they are not overwhelmed. Having said that, unfortunately I'm not prolific enough to have that problem!

6. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

1 hub every day for a week. Space them out so they get the maximum attention. Avoid oversaturating your audience. Although, I would say 1 hub every other day instead of waiting a whole week.

7. Tonyx35 profile image59
    Tonyx35posted 5 years ago

I keep it to around 2 a Week, even when I have more ready. One of those things where I don't want to "overload" the feed of my followers.

The thing is, should I feel bad about leaving a hub in the queue, while the hub score steadily rises?