Have you ever made a comment on someone’s Hub that eventually disappeared?

1. NC4Life078 profile image86
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

Have you ever made a comment on someone’s Hub that eventually disappeared?

Do I assume they deleted it? Have you ever deleted a comment yourself or made a comment that was deleted? Why did you delete it or do you think it was removed? I would hate to think that a comment would be removed due to different ideologies. In regards to that statement I can only laugh.

2. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Yeah I have deleted several comments. It is usually because they are spam or just trying to promote their own website.

If someone left a comment that was hateful/abusive/ or were lying I would probably delete it. When someone comments on my hubs, I get joint 'ownership' of that comment so both the author of the comment and myself can choose whether the comment is deleted or stays.

I don't know of any situations where a comment I left was deleted, but it has probably happened. It doesn't bother me, because it is not worth my time!

3. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I delete comments that contain links pointing outside of hubpages.  I don't mind if a commenter posts a link to another hub that either adds to the value of my info or debates it.  Internal links are fine since when you post while being logged in you are automatically linked to my page.  External links are mostly spam, and even if they are not spam, my intent is to keep the reader on my page.

I have had my comments deleted from another hubber.  Not only did he delete my comment but he incorporated all of my points when he re-edited his page. I called him on it but he gave no logical excuse.  I never commented on anything of his again nor replied to any of his forum posts.