jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

How can I copy a table with its content from one of my hubs to another?

1. Distant Mind profile image78
    Distant Mindposted 5 years ago

How can I copy a table with its content from one of my hubs to another?

I want to use it's headings and one of its columns for another broader hub that is based on some of the same information and I want to save myself frin the tedieus task of entering all the data all over again.

2. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately there is currently no way to copy table capsules from one hub and place them in another. Hubpages does this to prevent people from making template hubs, hubs that are all very similar to one another and don't offer significantly different information.  I know you're not trying to doing that, but it's just the way it is for everyone.

Distant Mindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Can't I save somehow the table to css or something and then upload it to the new hub?

3. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

You can export the table to a CSV file which then can be re-imported in another hub.

1. tussin profile image60
      tussinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cool! I didn't realize that.

2. Distant Mind profile image78

I can't seem to find the way to export the table to CSV, could you explain how?

3. CWanamaker profile image98
      CWanamakerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I was kind of incorrect - sorry.  However, you can highlight the contents of a table, paste it into an excel sheet, save it as a CSV file, then import it into a new hub capsule.  I just tried it on one of my hubs and it worked fine.

4. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

2 ways - 1 simple, other not so:

1. just copy the text of your hub's table form the hubpage and paste it into an empty excel worksheet - the table format is preserved.  save as a CSV and import it to your new hub

2. you can also do a "view source" by right clicking on any hubpage, then select the text that starts with  and ends with    you'll need to do a bit of editing to get this into a format that you can then enter into a new hub table  but it might save a lot of re-typing

Thanks, now it's all clear. I'll use option 1.

2. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good to know.  Love it!

3. cascoly profile image61
      cascolyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

sorry - HP eliminatetes  angle brackets so it messed up my comment -- part 2 should look for ANGLE BRACKET table  CLOSE ANGLE BRACKET  and /table

working