jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you notice your views drop when you don't spend time on Hub Pages?

1. naeemebrahimjee profile image73
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 5 years ago

Do you notice your views drop when you don't spend time on Hub Pages?

Up till two weeks ago I was averaging 240 views a day for my hubs. At the time I was constantly publishing new hubs, posting in forums and asking / answering questions.

After being away from a computer (travelling) for a few days I come back to find by views are averaging at 130 a week for this last week!

That is a 45% drop! I guess spending time on Hub Pages is a must!

Have you experienced the same?

2. nakmeister profile image80
    nakmeisterposted 5 years ago

Yes, I have noticed this. I can't rule out other factors, it is impossible to truly figure out what causes these wild traffic swings, but I suspect your activity on here is a significant factor.

I moved house earlier in the year, and what with being busy beforehand and not having internet at home for a couple of weeks after, I was hardly on here at all. Before that, traffic had been the best ever, after, well I had a similar drop to you. Something similar (though less dramatic) happened when I went on holiday for a week at the beginning of this week.

Some of the traffic lost will be from newly published hubs, and some from other hubbers reading your hubs based on your activity on hubpages (i.e. they see you participating in a forum thread or asking/answering questions and think hey I'll check them out) but that can't account for all of it. I think google probably ranks a (sub)domain by level of activity and how much new/amended content there is on the site. If there's little if any activity for a while, it might downgrade you, at least temporarily. Seems a bit harsh for being away just a few days though - could also be to do with the new Panda update. Keep writing and hopefully your views will pick up.

3. carol7777 profile image91
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

I notice that happening also.  Another strange thing is that I find scores going down for certain hubs even if views go up. Guess we have to work it everyday.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

It's a bit of a mystery to me why traffic goes up then goes down without any relation to the time I spend on hubpages! There are factors outside of our control such as new algorithms on Google crawlers and the fickle nature of internet users and their needs and wants. Have you checked your hubs to pinpoint which particular ones had big drops in traffic - could it be a certain subject or area that lost popularity? I hope you get back up again, I suspect you will but probably won't be able to find out the exact reason why! Good hubbing.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. The change shows in just one day when not on Hubpages.

6. sweetie1 profile image68
    sweetie1posted 5 years ago

Wow you are lucky to get only 45% drop. I used to get about 300 page views a day and suddenly out of blue, the hubpages site went down. When it came up, I am having only about 27 to 33 page view in a day.. That is 90% drop over night.

7. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years ago

I was JUST trying to figure this out. Because of some of my personal and professional commitments, I have totally neglected Hubpages for quite a time now. My views, along my Google AdSense income, dropped significantly.

I was getting around 2,000 views daily. Now, it is hardly 600-800 views per day. Compete that tongue lol.

8. mpropp profile image86
    mproppposted 5 years ago

Speaking as a newbie, on a much smaller scale, I have noticed that being active on hubpages increases my views and comments. Recently I got very busy at work and was unable to access hubpages for 3 days. My comments and views decreased drastically. Again, much smaller scale than you, but still noticeable. I agree the more active you are in the community, the more likely other hubbers will be to check out your hubs.

9. Rosyel Sawali profile image65
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 5 years ago

I've noticed I get more traffic when I'm more active here on HubPages. Sometimes though it's hard for me to start new hubs when I've stuff waiting to be done elsewhere. But my stats do improve when I publish hubs more often. ^_^

working